Hannah Osborne-Dowle, MBACP, FdSc Person Centred Counselling .
Hello, I am Hannah,
I am person-centred counsellor working in a residential part of Hove.
My position is to support you by facilitating the counselling process with empathy, unconditional positive regard and congruence. This means I will offer you understanding, be non-judgemental and be genuine with you. Person centred counselling works from the basis that the client is the expert on themselves not the counsellor.
This process can help to support you identify, focus and understand more about yourself and the difficulties you are facing.This can enable the process towards the changes that you may want to make. I work in a person-centred way where the counselling is based on what you are experiencing and communicating with me, and me sharing with you my experience of this.
People seek counselling for many different reasons and difficulties they are experiencing. Person centred counselling can be effective in supporting many difficulties such as depression, anxiety, stress, grief and trauma. I will be offering you a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space to explore these through.
My journey to becoming a counsellor began through my own personal experiences in my family where I realised the importance of people being listened to and feeling heard and valued. I began my work supporting parents, carers and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Person Centred Counselling 2017 - 1019
- YMCA young person training
- Cruse bereavement training adults
- CPCAB Level 4 Integrative counselling year 1
- CPCAB Level 2- 3 counselling
- IPSEA Level 1-2 Independent Parental Special Education Advice
- Six years children and family services in special educational needs and disability support.
- Bereavement counselling with adults
- Young person counselling ages 16-19
- Extensive family life experience of Autism
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
£40 with payment at the beginning of the session.
24 hrs cancellation policy
Initial free 30 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9-5pm Wednesday 9-6pm Thursday 9-6pm Friday 9-5pm
Types of client