Hannah Creedon MBACP
Finding the right therapist for you is incredibly important, and I respect everyone’s individual journey and will always go at your pace.
I am an LGBTQ+ identified counsellor and my background is in both Integrative and Humanistic psychotherapeutic counselling. What that means is that I believe everyone experiences the world in a unique way. My work is influenced by feminist theory, which means that I also focus on what societal, cultural or political pressures might be influencing how you feel.
Since 2017 I have been working with clients from within the LGBTQ+ community, and I believe that it is incredibly important to have access to space where your identity does not have to be justified or explained. I welcome clients from all age groups, abilities, backgrounds and identities.
I believe we should all live in a world free to be who we truly are and to be accepted as such.
There can be multiple reasons why you might feel this is the right time to come for counselling. Often the first step is the hardest, as I believe all of us will experience mental health difficulties at some point in our lives. Depression and anxiety can make us feel alone in the world; and yet there is no shame in seeking help. Often what we feel is a response to living in an anxious and uncertain world. What I can do is offer you a confidential and non-judgemental space to feel heard.
I work in a way that is collaborative, so that we can work through your difficulties together. We can work either short or long term, depending on what feels right.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling - University of Brighton (2019)
- Foundation Course in Integrative Psychotherapy- Minster Centre London (2016)
- Masters in Equality Studies- University College Dublin (2008)
- I am a fully insured and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity (GSRD) and older people
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Chronic Illness
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Identity Difficulties (Gender, Sexuality, Class, Cultural, Ethnicity)
- Loss/ Bereavement
- Neurodiversity (ADHD/ADD, Autism Spectrum Condition, Aspergers, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia)
- Relationship Difficulties
- Self Harm
- Suicidal thoughts
- Social Isolation
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity (GSRD)
- Transgender Identities and Transition journey
- Identity Difficulties (Gender, Sexuality, Cultural, Ethnicity)
- LGBTQ+ affirmative
Introductory sessions will be charged £20. These sessions give us an opportunity to discuss what brought you to counselling and your hopes for how we can work together.
I offer sliding scale fees of £35-£50 per session. Please contact me for further information.
I am a founding member of Rampion Counselling and Psychotherapy:
We are a 1:1 counselling and psychotherapy practice in Brighton and Hove, offering an affirmative, inclusive and confidential service to anyone facing a life challenge or mental health issue. We all identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, but we work with everyone: all identities, religions, abilities and cultural backgrounds. Our approach is grounded in respect for Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity (GSRD) which applies to everyone. This means the whole spectrum of masculine/feminine identities, those identifying as LGBTQ+, and friends, family and partners of people who are questioning their sexuality and/or gender.
For more details: www.rampioncounselling.org.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I endeavour to work in spaces that are accessible as possible(e.g with step-free access) please contact me with more information
Monday am/pm Thursday am/pm Friday am/pm
Types of client