- I’ve been working as a counsellor since 2008 and I deliver a counselling service that works towards the resolution of whatever you bring, whether it’s anxiety, depression or a general feeling that you can’t quite put your finger on.
- I’m a real person with experience outside of counselling that includes working in a range of criminal justice settings and working with vulnerable people. This work experience along with years of counselling experience means that whatever you choose to bring to our sessions is unlikely to shock me; I’m supported by a supervisor whom I trust and who is there to ensure that I work safely with you as a your counsellor.
- I’ve been a client in therapy myself so I understand that it’s difficult to find somebody to talk openly to and that it’s hard work once you do!
‘Everyone tells you what to do and what's good for you. They don't want you to find your own answers. They want you to believe theirs.’ - Socrates
- It’s my job to support you while you find the answers to the questions that you ask yourself. I’m not a life coach, so I won’t be providing you with a menu of options and suggesting what might be best for you. I want you to feel as though you’re in a better place after we’ve finished working together than when we met - your understanding of yourself and your needs to be such that eventually we won’t need to work together any more.
- If you choose to work with me there won’t be an overwhelming focus on money and I won’t be clock-watching while we work. I am a qualified professional with training, skills and insurance, and I’m an individual member of the BACP, but my approach is not too formal. To me being a counsellor includes having a sense of humour - while we work together to look closely at whatever it is that’s causing you to look for help, we won’t be afraid to also look at the lighter side of things.
- Contact me now to arrange a consultation so we can see if we can work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling in 2010.
I have worked in front-line roles for both voluntary and public sector organisations. I have also volunteered for a community counselling organisation. These roles have allowed me to develop experience in supporting people with a wide variety of presenting issues. Below are some examples of issues that I’ve worked with:
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Sexual violence
- Mental health
- Domestic abuse
- Anger management
- Grief and loss
Photos & videos
Standard rate for 1 hour is £60.
Call for a free 15-minute consultation so that we can find out if we can work together.
I accept referrals through Vitality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday daytime and evenings.
Types of client