Men Matter - Counselling for Men.
Men Matter is a men's counselling service based at Lincoln Counselling Centre in Lincoln High Street.
Men have always been reluctant to ask for help or to make use of counselling services and I hope to help change that.
Life is difficult, mens roles have changed and it can be hard to know how to react or control feelings, men are taught from a young age that they should always be tough, don't show emotion, be a man. We need to change this attitude, it does not show weakness, there is no shame in asking for help. counselling will improve not only your life but those around you.
Sometimes life's events can be difficult to understand, we go through situations and experience things that are tough to process such as:
- Sexual Abuse
- Relationship Struggles
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Identity Issues
- Work related problems
- Domestic Abuse.
The Men Matter Counselling Service was created specifically so that men can have a confidential place for them to come and talk without any fear or judgement.
In particular men can find it hard to ask for help and often feel that they shouldn't need to ask for help, I understand how difficult this can be for a man, I've been in that situation.
If something is happening in your life now or if things from you past are affecting your day to day life it can be hard to know where to turn. Talking to someone can help and I offer a safe confidential space where you can be heard.
Get in touch today, evening and daytime appointments are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Current Training Includes
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - Level 2
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Self-Harm and Working with Self Harm - Level 2
- Pink Therapy - Working With Gender Identity
- Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board - Information Sharing Level 2
- Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board - Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect - Foundation V5
- Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board - Equality and Diversity in The Workplace - V7
- CPPD Counselling School - Introduction to Therapeutic Group work.
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Paternal Mental health
- Effective Anger Management Tools for Working with Men, Parts 1, 2 and 3
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Mens Counselling
Appointments available up to 7:30pm.