G. Olga Soy Counsellor & EMDR & Mindfulness Therapist, BACP (Reg), UPCA (reg)
(+44) 7977 582742
I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist providing in-depth long-term counselling and psychotherapy or short-term work.I work with individuals and couples dealing with relationship issues, finding meaning and direction in life, anxiety, addictions, low self-esteem, work-related issues, creativity, and sexuality.
I offer counselling and EMDR to adults and young people who are looking for improving relationships with themselves and others. I use my training and experiences to work with anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship problems, work issues, anger, low self-esteem, bereavement, work-related issues, creativity, and sexuality, manage day to day living and range of other difficulties.
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) is a relatively new trauma therapy. It is an extremely effective treatment for people who have had traumatic experiences. It is also helpful for a variety of emotional and behavioural problems in adults including phobias, panic attacks, anxiety, low self-esteem and addictions.
I offer therapy sessions in North London; N16 Stoke Newington, N15 (Seven Sisters tube station) and SW4 (nearest tube Clapham Common). Centrally located with easy access from all central London. I offer quite and confidential space to help share your concerns. I also offer sessions on Saturday in quite comfortable rooms. I offer reduced rates for students and those in receipt of benefits.
- You may feel anxious or depressed or struggle to make sense of things.
- You may be failing at work, feeling isolated and fearful.
- A relationship may have broken down leaving you feeling out of control.
The integrative approach I employ in therapy takes the client’s needs as the basis for determining the right approach. I believe that the therapy should be tailor-made based on your needs and difficulties and that our therapeutic work can only be successful if the relationship between the therapist and the client is one of trust.
I have worked in the NHS, charity organizations and private practice and I have clinical experience with a wide range of issues including difficulties arising because of physical or emotional abuse or trauma, bereavement, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress, phobias, relationship issues, difficulties with anger, problems connected to infertility, eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia and overeating), and problems relating to obsessive behaviours or thinking.
I also work with people who are suffering from work-related stress, industrial injuries, bereavement, relationship concerns and other general counselling issues.
I undertake para-legal work working with people who have suffered trauma through road traffic accidents, PTSD, generalised anxiety and for pain management.
If the profile created above fits your needs, I may be able to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am working towards my Doctorate Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy whilst working towards accreditation with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and Health and Care Professional Councils (HCPC) for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Also, I am a registered member of BPS (British Psychological Society)
Professional Doctorate Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (continuing)
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Levels 1 & 2
I am at the PG-Dip Level of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I hold a certificate in Integrative Counselling.
I graduated from BSc (Hons) Psychology.
Seminars and Workshops
Working with bereavement and loss (attended as CPD)
Positive Psychology (attended as CPD)
Anger Management (attended as CPD)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Couples counselling, marriage counselling and relationship therapy.
- Anxiety disorders: Agoraphobia, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Claustrophobia, Low self-esteem, OCD, Panic Attacks, Perfectionism, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Self-criticism, Shyness, Social Phobia/Social Anxiety Disorder.
- Shame and guilt.
- Spirituality, religion, counselling and philosophy
- Addiction/Compulsion (Alcohol, Codependency, Drugs, Gambling, Love, Sex and any other compulsive behaviours).
- Working through abuse: both childhood and adult (sexual, physical, emotional and neglect)
All subsequent sessions are charged at:
£55 to £65 per 50 minutes session for individuals (depends on the time of the day)
£85 per 1-hour session for couples
EMDR sessions can be 1 hour or up to 90 minutes in length. Longer sessions are charged at a proportion of the same hourly rate.
I can also provide therapy via phone and Skype if required.I also offer a limited number of concessionary rates. We will usually discuss fees in the first few sessions.
Please contact me for further details if you are interested.
I work within strict guidelines for the profession, have supervision, and undertake regular professional development. I have full professional indemnity insurance
- Individual and Couple Therapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Languages: English and Turkish
- I offer brief therapy (6-20 sessions) for clients requiring targeted support on specific issues and longer-term (6-18 months weekly sessions) psychotherapy for clients wishing to explore issues in greater depth.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|