Glen Maghie FdA MBACP
There are times when we all need someone to really listen to what we are saying, for someone to listen without judgment and to accept our thoughts and feelings.
I offer that confidential and non-judgemental space for you to explore those thoughts and feelings. You may feel safe in the knowledge that I am a fully qualified counsellor and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and thereby adhere to their ethical framework.
To ensure I provide the best quality counselling that I can, I undertake regular clinical supervision and frequently attend Personal / Professional Development Training.
My experience enables me to offer long or short term personal one-to-one counselling contracts with adults, children and young people, along with couples counselling.
These can be offered on weekdays, some evenings and Saturday mornings in the Haverfordwest and surrounding areas of Pembrokeshire.
I currently have an enhanced DBS certificate (formerly known as CRB check) with up to date public liability insurance.
Contact me either by email or phone to arrange an initial meeting to discuss what you would like to get out of counselling. If you are happy to continue, subsequent meetings could be arranged on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Humanistic, Integrative Counselling FdA (UWTSD Coleg Sir gar)
- Transactional Analysis (TA) 101 (3dTA Training Institute)
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (Livingworks)
- Trauma Awareness - (Rissas Mohabir)
- REWIND - Trauma treatment using guided imagery (Jayne Timmins)
- Couples Counselling (UWTSD Coleg Sir Gar)
- Understanding the Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse and Working Safely and Sensitively with Adult Survivors (SEREN)
Young People Specific Training
- Counselling Young People (UWTSD Coleg Sir Gar)
- Child Protection – Level 3. (Pembrokeshire Safeguarding Children Board)
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Module Level 3 (Pembrokeshire Safeguarding Children Board)
- How to Protect and Support Children at Risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (Pembrokeshire County Council)
- Understanding the Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse (SEREN)
- Talking to Young People about Substance Misuse – Level 2. (CHOICES)
- Secure Base Training. (AFA CYmru - Formerly BAAF)
- Managing Difficult Behaviour (Pembrokeshire County Council)
- Working with Young People with Harmful Sexual Behaviours (Pembrokeshire County Council)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Each 50 minute session (The Therapeutic Hour).
- Young People £40
- Adults £40
- Students £25 - If self funded
Each 80 minute session.
- Adults £60
There are some concessional sessions available, however, these are limited so please mention this when contacting me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm Saturday - 9am - 12pm
Types of client