Giselle Hayers BSc MSc MBACP
Are you feeling anxious, depressed, low in mood, stressed or overwhelmed? Counselling can help; I offer a confidential space for you to talk freely without fear of judgement enabling you to make positive changes and overcome any difficulties that you may be experiencing.
People go through difficult times in their lives, that can give a sense of anxiety, depression or feeling sad; this can be linked to a variety of reasons and it can feel that no one fully understands; family and friends can be helpful but they can be too emotionally involved to help you gain a clear view of what is troubling you. Therapy can’t erase a difficult past but it can equip you to move on more easily, it can increase your resilience, and it can enable you to make positive changes going forward.
I am a highly experienced Counsellor and have a straightforward, friendly, honest and caring attitude. I use my skills to work with you to help you to identify areas in your life that you may wish to change; to help empower you to make the positive changes that you would like.
You are the expert in your own life but by working together we are able to think about things in a different way helping you to gain a clearer perspective and have more understanding of your thoughts and feelings so that you can overcome the difficulties which you are experiencing.
When you attend Inner Dawn Counselling & Psychotherapy, you can expect to be treated:
- As an individual
- Without judgement
- With integrity
For more information please visit our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Applied Psychology Therapies & Addictions
- BSc(Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
- ASSIST Suicide Prevention Training
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
- Certificate in Bereavement
- Certificate in Addiction
- Private practice in Oldham
- Volunteer counsellor at LGBT Foundation
- Guest Lecturer at Universities, lecturing on sexuality,gender identity and the gender spectrum
- Guest speaker at CPD events
- Experience of therapeutic writing and the teaching of Mindfulness techniques
I comply with BACP's requirements for Continued Professional Development, and Supervision
Full current DBS check held.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 - Individuals (50 minutes)
£50 - Couples (50 minutes)
How To Pay:
- Counselling sessions need to be paid for in advance to fully secure an appointment.
- Your first session is paid via PayPal by using the link on our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk within 24hrs of an appointment being agreed in order to fully secure it; once payment has been received a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- If payment has not been received within the 24 hour time frame the appointment is automatically released to other clients.
- At the end of each therapy session you will pay for the next appointment in cash so you have always paid in advance.
Some people like to pay session by session and others like to do a month/a few sessions at a time; we are flexible and we can discuss what will work for you during your first appointment.
* Concessions are available for counselling students who require therapy as part of their course (please ask me for more information).
* Concessions are available on set days for those who are unwaged, students or receive a state pension; these are limited and daytime appointments only (please ask me for more information).
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary (please ask for more information).
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 7.00pm dependent on the day.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I'll reply as soon as I am able to.