- At some time in our lives, many of us will feel stressed, anxious or depressed - maybe even suicidal. Sometimes, something has happened - illness, bereavement, or a tragic or life changing event or situation. Sometimes, we don't know why we feel a certain way. Feelings change about ourselves or our lives. Talking to a counsellor can really help.
I offer professional, confidential counselling - in a safe, comfortable environment - that enables clients whether individuals - or couples tackle the issues they face - take control of their lives and feel better about themselves.
Also offering telephone counselling at present to support people through the current (COVID-19) crisis.
I am a qualified, hugely, experienced integrative counsellor with an extensive knowledge of mental health issues. Over the years, I have helped many people with a wide range of issues. What my clients have found most helpful is that I am someone who listens to their concerns, who doesn't judge them and who offers empathy and understanding for them and their situation.
I have 15 years counselling experience within the voluntary sector, along seeing clients in my private practice.
During this time I gained 6 years experience working for the mental health charity, Mind - often working with people with severe mental ill health distress. Cobweb a young peoples organisation - counselling individuals from the ages 16 to 25. Currently I provide counselling for a charity - supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Whatever the setting and whoever I am working with. I maintain a core belief in the value of every individual. I believe everyone has within them the potential for self direction and constructive growth to enable them to make the right choices and the right changes in their lives.
I work in a person-centred way, which places the individual at the centre of their own therapy. It is founded on a belief in the intrinsic worth of every human being.
Each of us is striving to be our best possible self and sometimes, things can get in the way of this and hinder us in our attempt to be who we really are.
My role is to enable you to talk about the things that are troubling you, to know and understand yourself and your behaviour, so that you can give yourself choices about how you are and what you do.
From my own experience. I know to be alone with your distress and isolation can often make you feel much worse. Counselling can never change what has happened but talking about difficult experiences and tragic events can help you feel differently about it so that you can move on with your life with more freedom.
Here are just some of the issues I have experience of working with:
- Low mood
- Lack of motivation
- Low self esteem
- Stress or anxiety due to fear or failure
- Panic attacks
- Sleep disturbances
- Life style changes
- Behaviour issues
- Traumatic events
- Complex trauma
Training, qualifications & experience
- Integrative Diploma In Counselling.
- Certificate In Counselling.
- Integrative Counselling Skills.
- Certificate In Mental Health.
- Certificate In Transactional Analysis Therapy And Training.
- Fundamentals In Gestalt Counselling.
- Suicide Risk Assessment And Self-harm Awareness.
- Couples Counselling Certificate.
- Self-harm And Addictive Behaviour Cycles Workshop.
- Bereavement And Loss Workshop.
- Certificate In Working With Relational Trauma :
- Dealing With Disorganised Attachment.
- Certificate Of Proficiency With The British Association For Counsellors And Psychotherapists.
- Understanding Sexual Trauma.
- Introduction To Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- 5 Years Counselling Experience For The 'Mental Health Charity', Mind.
- Safeguarding Awareness Training For Children And Adults.
- 2 Day Drug and Alcohol Awareness Workshop
- Understanding Substance Abuse Workshop
- Child Sexual Abuse Hope for Healing Workshop
- Working with Attachment Workshop
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Relationship issues such as:
- Difficulty sustaining relationships
- Trust issues
Employment Assistance support:
- Workplace pressure
- Personal issues affecting your performance
- Job-related stress
Concessions offered for
£35 per hour for individual counselling.
£45 per hour for couples counselling.
£25 per 30 minutes telephone sessions.
CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE for Students and Trainee Counsellors.
Monday to Friday - 9am until 8pm. Saturdays - 9am to 4.30pm.
I am a Registered Member with the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists. Which means my practice has been deemed to meet the standard for a 'competent ethical and independent practitioner. (I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for good practice).
I am a member of PODS. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors).
I work with Adults. Young people, and couples. I offer Personal Therapy for Student Counsellors.
I am available for appointments during weekdays, evenings and Saturdays.
My counselling practice is based at Ty Aurora Buildings, King Street, Wrexham Town Centre.
Please feel free to contact me, either by e-mail or telephone.