Gilla Gelberg MA Dip Psych MA PG Dip UKCP MBACP
I am a psychotherapist with more than twenty years experience in private practice and in the NHS. I specialise in helping individuals understand the link between their moods and their relationships both past and present. In that sense, I work with different symptoms and presenting problems - anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bereavement, work related difficulties, relationship problems, sexual problems, trauma and much more. The intention of the therapy that I provide is to enable the person to begin to make sense of their problems, which in turn results in the reduction of symptoms over time.
In the NHS I am the lead for a team of psychotherapists where we provide therapy for individuals with complex and chronic mental health problems. In my capacity as clinical lead, I supervise and teach other psychotherapists and I consult to psychiatrists and provide reflective practice to hospital teams. I am therefore well versed in working with severe and complex problems, including trauma, abuse and suicidality.
In addition to being a fully accredited psychotherapist, I have additional specialist training in working with depression linked to interpersonal difficulties and with individuals with personality disorders. I also work as a consultant to teams in a variety of organisations and as a supervisor to other psychotherapists.
I am a member of staff at the Minster Centre, a leading Psychotherapy Training organisation in North London, where I facilitate and supervise staff in the provision of experiential training groups.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Dip Psych. Integrative Psychotherapy
- MA Consultation and the Organisation: Psychoanalytic Approaches
- PG Dip Groupwork in the Public and Independent Sectors
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Mentalization Based Therapy for treating Adults with Borderline Personality Disorder
- I have experience of working in the private sector and NHS as a psychotherapist, clinical supervisor, consultant and trainer. My flexibility and extensive training has enabled me to gain a wide range of experience in a variety of settings.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Personality disorders
My fee is £70 per session. I hold a small caseload of low fee paying clients.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday mornings, Monday to Thursday evenings, Fridays daytime
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am an experienced supervisor of integrative, relational and psychodynamic psychotherapy and have been supervising for 16 years in the NHS and in private practice.View supervision profile