Gill Pady Regd Member of BACP; BPS; & Senior Accredited NCP & Supervisor
Hello and thanks for reading my profile. Are you stuck at a point in your life when nothing seems to be going right? If it’s any comfort, most of us at some point or another feel overwhelmed by life’s circumstances, which can leave us feeling utterly helpless and alone. It can seem like there is no way out.
Well, it’s never too late to change. I truly believe counselling will give you the opportunity to explore your thoughts, feelings and emotions to enable change. I can provide a safe and confidential environment where you will be listened to and deeply understood.
Together, we can work on the issues that prevent you from enjoying and living your life to its full potential. I believe that with counselling, you can heal and grow emotionally and gain control of your life, as I have seen it happen many times with people I have worked with. Inside, you carry all the power you need and with a little help and understanding, empathy and warmth, I can help you take back control and feel more empowered.
I know it can be extremely difficult to take that first step in seeking help, but together we can try to make sense of it all, to enable you to move forward to a place of Love, Happiness, Contentment and to achieve Self Compassion.
“Being vulnerable is not a sign of weakness but it’s our greatest measure of Courage” (Brené Brown)
So, a little bit about me. I am an experienced counsellor who has worked with adults, families, children and young people, both therapeutically and professionally. I work with people of all ages and from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, which has and continues to enrich my work and me as a person.
I have experience working with individuals who have encountered a wide range of personal issues, including, abuse, anxiety, bereavement, depression, relationship issues, stress, sudden and traumatic death. I am a fully qualified Counsellor, Therapeutic Play Therapist and Supervisor. In addition, I am a Psychologist who uses many aspects of psychology in my work with clients. I work with talking therapies, as well as using creative interventions that can sometimes help say what words can’t.
My work has involved working for the Primary Care Trust, Cruse Bereavement Care, Grief Encounter, Young Carers and other counselling agencies. In addition, I work in primary and secondary schools in North London, Hertfordshire and Essex. I also have my own counselling practice at home in Essex.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists)
- Senior Accredited Member of the NCP (National Council of Psychotherapists)
- Registered Member of the BPS (British Psychological Society)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Accredited Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling BACP Approved
- Accredited Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling Skills BACP Approved
- Cert. Therapeutic Play Therapy – Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Cert. BPS (British Psychological Society) Approved Clinical Supervision
- Cert. Bereavement Work – Cruse Bereavement Care
- Cert. Working with Children & Young People – Cruse Bereavement Care
- Cert. Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Each year I attend training/workshops/seminars to enhance my knowledge and maintain CPD requirements.
I work within all the above mentioned Professional Bodies Ethical Framework Principles and Guidelines.
- I have Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Also I am Enhanced DBS Checked
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Identical & Fraternal Twins
- Adults £45 per session
- Children £35 per session
- Supervision with Adults and Therapists working with Children in Schools or in Private Practice £60 per 1.5 hours (In line with the BACP Supervision Guidelines)
- Discount available to those in financial difficulties
You can contact me by Mobile on
07981 557 043
Please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If your message is left after 9.00 pm, I will contact you on the next working day.
Alternatively, you can email me at
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer Counselling & Supervision during the day including evening appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|