Geraldine Thomas: Psychotherispt | Counsellor | Mindfulness Teacher & Trainer.
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist working within NHS, Education and Corporate settings. I have extensive experience working with mental health and wellbeing supporting people to manage better with stress, anxiety and depression brought on by life events and changing circumstances.
I offer a 1 hour FREE consultation for you to come and meet me to discuss your issues and find out how I can help you.
If you answer YES to any of the following then its time to talk!
How often are you bothered by any of the following problems?
- Feeling nervous, anxious or on edge
- Not able to stop or control worry
- Feeling bad about yourself
- Becoming easily annoyed or irritable
- Little interest or pleasure in doing things
- Feeling tired or having little energy
- Feeling down, depressed or hopeless
- Feeling stressed and under pressure
Talking openly about the issues causing you distress is the first step towards you feeling better. Call or email me today for your free consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
Liverpool John Moores University.
Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Masters Level).
- Person-centred Theory, Skills and Practice
Level 1 CBT
University of Wales Bangor, Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice.
Postgraduate Diploma in Mindfulness Based Approaches
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Santa Barbara Institute for Conscious Studies
- Cultivating Emotional Balance Teacher Trainer.
Mindfulness in Schools .b Teacher Trainer.
The British Wheel of Yoga
- Diploma in Teaching Yoga
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Book your FREE consultation call today.
Individual counselling sessions cost £60 per 1 hour.
A block booking of six sessions have a price reduction of 20%.
- I offer one to one therapy sessions: Face to face and online.
- I offer one to one and group mindfulness programmes.
- I offer one to one and group Yoga for Anxiety sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays: 9.00am - 8.30pm Thursday: 9.00am - 8.30pm Fridays: 9.00am - 8.30pm Saturdays 9.00am - 8.30pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I provide clinical and consultative supervision to both trainee counsellors or psychotherapists from a range of modalities and backgrounds. Sessions can be arranged on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis (for supervisees).