Geraldine Myers MBACP, MCOSRT
I am an experienced couples counsellor and psychosexual therapist working with individuals and couples on a wide range of issues. Relationships can be a struggle at times and many people find that talking in confidence to an experienced relationship therapist enables them to explore their difficulties and find new and helpful ways forward, whether you find yourself at a crisis point or simply want to fine tune the relationship. I am qualified as a sex addiction specialist, working with addicts on recovery, partners or the affected couple to help rebuild a damaged relationship.
The sort of difficulties that clients bring, whether on their own or as a couple, are:
* Relationship and intimacy problems
* Separation and divorce
* Psychosexual difficulties
* Sex, love or porn addiction and other compulsive sexual behaviours.
* Bereavement, loss and grief
* Depression, stress and anxiety
* Unhappy with life or career- seeking greater contentment and control of your life
* Feelings of anger, mood swings
* Low self esteem and body image problems
I can work on an open ended basis, but can also work within a fixed number of sessions or longer term.
I am based at my private practice in Ewell, Surrey (close to Epsom), within close access to train, bus and main road links. Disabled access and free parking outside.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked with individuals since 1998 and with couples since 2006.
I previously worked as a couples counsellor and sex therapist for Relate, but now work only in private practice. Over the last 20+ years, I have worked with a wide range of clients and their difficulties, both privately, in the NHS and within a variety of specialist agencies, charitable organisations and consultancies.
I have obtained a:
* Certificate in Treating Sexual Addictiion ( through ATSAC, the UK Association for the Treatment Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity, of which I am also a member)
* Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
* Relate Certificate in Couple Counselling
* Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual and Relational Therapy
* BTEC in Counselling Skills
*Trained with StopSO on working with sex offenders
*Member of COSRT, BACP and ATSAC
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sexual Addiction. Internet porn addiction. Providing recovery treatment and addict partner support counselling .
Daytime, evening and Saturday morning sessions can be offered.
A sliding scale may be applied for those on low income
I understand that making the decision to seek help is a big step to take. Coming to see a counsellor and talk about very personal matters can feel daunting and embarrassing, but I am here to help and not to judge. I will treat you with discretion, respect and confidentiality. Details about you and what is discussed remain strictly confidential. I follow the BACP and COSRT codes of conduct and ethics.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work some weekday evenings, and Saturday mornings. I can also offer very early morning appointments too.
Types of client