I am a humanistic integrative counsellor, trained in Person Centred, Transactional Analysis, Gestalt and psycho-spiritual theories. I am also a trained Equine Facilitated Practitioner so bring an element of energy and body work into the counselling room.
I have an avid interest in the natural world, complementary therapies and spiritual development. I've had previous careers in the British Army, Police, Education, fostering and a previous business in Natural Therapies for both Animals and People.
Along with private practice, I work at a GP surgery as a Lead Health Coach & Counsellor supporting adults and young persons with various diagnosis. I have set up a small counselling service within the surgery and facilitate a Mental Health Peer Support Group once a month.
- Private Counselling
- For Adults
- Humanistic Integrative (Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Person Centred and Psycho-spiritual)
- Short term Counselling (6-10 sessions)
- Ongoing Counselling if required.
What to expect:
- First session is an assessment, to assess your needs/if I can support you best
- 6-10 counselling sessions recommended initially, ongoing support if required
- End your sessions any time you wish to
Training, qualifications & experience
Working in primary care supporting adults and young persons with low moods, depression, anxiety, stress, low self-esteem, self-harm and bereavement.
Short term counselling and ongoing support.
Equine Facilitated Counselling and facilitating group retreats to connect to nature.
Facilitate Mental Health Peer Support Group once a month, looking into counselling theories such as Transactional Analysis to look at self, relationships and personal history to help support changes.
BSc Hons Animal Science (Behaviour & Welfare), PGCE in Secondary Science (Biology), Qualified Teacher Status, LEAP Cert in Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy and Learning, Therapeutic Counselling Diploma, MBACP, Youth MHFA, First Aid Certificate and Certificate in Health Coaching for Behaviour Change.
Areas of counselling I deal with
What it will cost:
- Assessment session (50 mins) – £40 for 50 mins
- Counselling session (50 mins) – £40 for 50 mins
- Online sessions – £35 for 50 mins
- Walk and Talk sessions - £30 for 50 mins
- Concessions may be available, please contact me to discuss.
Georgie is an Equine Facilitated Practitioner and supports Equine EARTH in facilitating Equine Facilitated Counselling and Group Retreats for adults in the Cotswolds.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wheelchair access in Weymouth location. Free parking on Trinity Road for an hour (Weymouth). Free parking in carpark at BMS (Dorchester).
Thursdays in Dorchester, Fridays in Weymouth and online counselling in evenings/early mornings.
Types of client