Gina Bate - Counsellor & Psychotherapist Registered MBACP Dip.H.E.
07765 045 080
Hello and a very warm welcome to my professional profile. My name is Gina and I am a Humanistic Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I am registered and observe the BACP code of ethics. My BACP registration no is 299756.
Whatever your reason for seeking counselling, I strongly believe one of the key ingredients for therapeutic change to take place is the relationship you have with your counsellor. With this in mind, I offer a discounted rate of £25 for our first 50 minute session together which is an assessment.
Through my own personal experience of counselling, I have found that by being heard by someone who is genuinely there for me, without any fear of being judged and experiencing true empathy and understanding, has enabled me to explore certain aspects of myself and my life and become accepting of who I am. It has enabled me to clear my mind and focus with more clarity on my life, my purpose, my direction and to be kinder to myself.
I can offer a creative way of working for both long term and short term therapy, and if required, specific support for clients wishing to lose weight and explore their relationship with food. I have many years experience working with weight loss clients and have more recently completed and 8 day Practitioner Skills Training course with the National Centre for Eating Disorders to enhance my work further. You will find more information on my website or contact me directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I provide a peaceful and calm environment near to Fareham Town Centre, and well placed for those seeking counselling or psychotherapy who live in the surrounding area, such as Wickham, Knowle, Botley, Whiteley, Locksheath, Warsash and Titchfield, or even as far afield as Havant, Portsmouth and Southsea, Southampton and Winchester. My private practice is close to junction 10 off the M27. There is free parking which just outside on the drive. You will find more information about me and my practice on my website www.ginabate.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience in helping clients who wish to work with issues, around anxiety, stress, worked related stress, depression, relationship issues, separation and divorce, family issues, feeling sad (seasonal affective disorder), mental, verbal and sexual abuse, pregnancy, abortion, loss and bereavement, problem solving, spirituality, financial issues, obesity and wanting to lose weight, health related issues such as cancer and anxiety, anger management, bullying, low self esteem and wanting to build confidence and become more assertive. I have also facilitated numerous work shops.
- Qualified Counsellor & Psychotherapist, Diploma in Counselling, dip (HE) in Humanistic Counselling awarded by the University of Chichester
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, MBACP, registration no: 299756
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- 8 day Practitioner Skills Training course with the NCfED - National Centre for Eating Disorders, to enhance my work with overweight or obese clients who wish to explore their relationship with food and themselves.
- Enhanced DBS
- Since 2004, I have facilitated numerous workshops drawing from my skills using:
- NLP, Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- TA, Transactional Analysis
- CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- A one-off rate for our first 50 minute assessment, of £25.
- Thereafter each 50 minute counselling session is £50.
- A concession is offered of £40 per 50 minute session for students, clients over 65 and the unemployed.
- 6 sessions paid for in advance, reduced to £270. Therefore a discount saving of £30.
- 24 hours notice of cancellation is required otherwise the full fee with be due.
- MBACP Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- BACP Registration no: 299756
- Experienced Humanistic Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- Private practice in Fareham
- Convenient for clients in the Wickham, Knowle, Portchester, Whiteley, Stubbington and Locksheath as well as Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester
- Free parking
- One-off first fee concession of £25 - for 50 minutes
- All Counselling sessions 50 minutes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Usually Wednesdays and Thursdays, daytime or evening.
Types of client