When our thoughts and feelings seem confusing and overwhelming it can be helpful to share what we are experiencing in a confidential and non-judgemental environment.
I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist offering both long and short term therapy. In addition to traditional talking therapy, I can also offer a creative way of working which I have found is often useful when a client experiences a "stuckness".
Why choose counselling?
Whatever your reason for seeking counselling I strongly believe one of the key ingredients for therapeutic change to take place is the relationship you have with your counsellor. With this in mind I am currently offering all assessment sessions for just £20.
Where do the sessions take place?
Currently all of my sessions are now run via video on Zoom and I continue to be based and work from my private office at my home near Fareham Town Centre, Hampshire.
You will find more information about me and my private practice on my website www.ginabate.com
What happens next?
If you have any questions or would like to book a session then I welcome you to get in touch. Either click here to send me an email or you can call or text me on 07765 045 080 … I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience in helping clients who wish to work with issues around anxiety, stress, worked related stress, depression, relationship issues, separation and divorce, family issues, feeling sad (seasonal affective disorder), mental, verbal and sexual abuse, pregnancy, abortion, loss and bereavement, problem solving, spirituality, financial issues, obesity and wanting to lose weight, health-related issues such as cancer and anxiety, anger management, bullying, low self esteem and wanting to build confidence and become more assertive. I have also facilitated numerous workshops.
- Qualified Counsellor & Psychotherapist, B.A. (Hons), Diploma in Counselling,
Dip (HE) in Humanistic Counselling awarded by the University of Chichester
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, MBACP, registration no: 299756
- Attending the Online Academy for the General Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy Online Certificate - May, June, July 2020
- Enhanced DBS
- Since 2004 I have facilitated numerous workshops drawing from my skills using:
- NLP, Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- TA, Transactional Analysis
- CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- First 50 minute assessment is £20
- 50 minute counselling session £35
- 48 hours notice of cancellation is required otherwise the full fee may be due.
- MBACP Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- BACP Registration no: 299756
- Experienced Humanistic Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- Private practice in Fareham and currently all sessions online via Zoom
- Assessment £20
- 50 minutes for £35 per session