Gina Bate - Counsellor & Psychotherapist Registered MBACP Dip.H.E.
When our thoughts and feelings seem confusing and overwhelming it can be helpful to share what we are experiencing in a confidential and non-judgemental environment.
I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist offering both long and short term therapy. In addition to traditional talking therapy I can also offer a creative way of working which I have found is often useful when a client experiences a "stuckness".
Whatever your reason for seeking counselling I strongly believe one of the key ingredients for therapeutic change to take place is the relationship you have with your counsellor. With this in mind I offer a discounted rate of £25 for your first 50 minute session together which will form part of an assessment and further Counselling sessions from £40.
I work from a private room at my home on the ground floor of my house near Fareham Town Centre which many clients have said they find to be peaceful and calm. My home is well placed for those seeking counselling or psychotherapy who live in the surrounding area such as Wickham, Knowle, Gosport, Portchester, Botley, Whiteley, Parkgate, Locksheath, Stubbington, Warsash and Titchfield, or even as far afield as Havant, Portsmouth and Southsea, Southampton and Winchester. My private practice is close to junction 10 of the M27. There is free parking which just outside on the drive! You will find more information about me and my practice on my website www.ginabate.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience in helping clients who wish to work with issues around anxiety, stress, worked related stress, depression, relationship issues, separation and divorce, family issues, feeling sad (seasonal affective disorder), mental, verbal and sexual abuse, pregnancy, abortion, loss and bereavement, problem solving, spirituality, financial issues, obesity and wanting to lose weight, health related issues such as cancer and anxiety, anger management, bullying, low self esteem and wanting to build confidence and become more assertive. I have also facilitated numerous work shops.
- Qualified Counsellor & Psychotherapist, Diploma in Counselling, dip (HE) in Humanistic Counselling awarded by the University of Chichester
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, MBACP, registration no: 299756
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- 8 day Practitioner Skills Training course with the NCfED - National Centre for Eating Disorders, to enhance my work with overweight or obese clients who wish to explore their relationship with food and themselves.
- Enhanced DBS
- Since 2004 I have facilitated numerous workshops drawing from my skills using:
- NLP, Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- TA, Transactional Analysis
- CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- First 50 minute assessment £25.
- Thereafter each 50 minute counselling session is £45.
- A concession is offered of £40 per 50 minute session for students, clients over 65 and the unemployed.
- SPECIAL PRICE of £40 for any weekday Counselling session between 9am - 4pm, subject to availability.
- 48 hours notice of cancellation is required otherwise the full fee may be due.
- MBACP Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- BACP Registration no: 299756
- Experienced Humanistic Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- Private practice in Fareham
- Convenient for clients in the Wickham, Knowle, Portchester, Whiteley, Stubbington and Locksheath as well as Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester
- Free parking
- One-off first fee concession of £25 - for 50 minutes
- All Counselling sessions 50 minutes
- If specifically required can provide coaching support for overweight or obese clients
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client