The Aarlon Practice Gayle Sturrock
Thank You for reading my page. I am working online during lockdown in UK and Internationally. We can still carry out therapy in the privacy of your own home.
I provide EMDR Consultancy, Trauma Psychotherapy, Counselling and Coaching.
We can carry out EMDR and trauma work successfully online. Call me for a free consultation to discuss.
I have been working in this field for over 27 years. I see my work as a vocation and a way to empower others with resources and skills as well as processing and working through issues.
Please call to discuss a way forward. Anxiety and Panic can be solved through a number of ways that suit you. The focus on the work we do is around you and how you think and feel. You should feel that therapy is safe and contained space where you can be in control.
I am is specialised in:
- Complex Issues such as Attachment Focused Issues, PTSD, CPTSD, DID, Trauma, effects of Childhood, Relational Trauma, ADHD, Road Traffic Accidents, Domestic Violence Trauma, Divorce and Traumas such as Emotional Abuse and Bullying.
- Issues around Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Panic Disorder, Relationship Issues and support around IVF and fertility.
- New Parents and Family Issues including Birth Trauma and Post Natal Depression. Having a new baby is challenging in many ways. There are many things that are not spoken about or known that are important to work through for many parents.
- Loss and Bereavement Issues such as loosing a loved one, miscarriage, death of a child, illness, redundancy, cancer and medical issues, terminal conditions etc.
I see therapy as a team effort and a place where you can connect with yourself and be you. We are not given an instruction manual of how our nervous system, thoughts and emotions work together. I will help you understand the symptoms you have in the context of your life and make sense of it all. We can explore what you are looking for and come up with structure and a plan to help you.
- I can use psychotherapeutic techniques to help Clients with PTSD and trauma related symptoms such as EMDR, Re-Wind Technique and EFT and Somatic Experiencing Work.
- EMDR can be used in several areas such as Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Post Natal Depression, Birth Trauma, ME, CFS, and Relational Trauma such as childhood neglect, emotional and mental abuse. EMDR is useful for working with self esteem issues such as stuck negative beliefs about oneself.
- I also work with artists and artists in training the area of performing arts.
- I am a clinical supervisor for counsellors, psychotherapists, health professionals.
- With Many Thanks, Gayle
"I was so anxious and did not know what to do. Gayle helped me understand what was going on. I learnt how to deal with it one step at a time. It was common sense. I got my life back"
"Gayle helped me connect with myself and my problems. She gave me knowledge, skills and resources to work through things that were painful and holding me back. EMDR stopped me being on medication by working on past traumas, which were affecting every day"
"Gayle helped me understand my life and how I was stuck in a cycle of anxiety. I learnt empowering things that no one else had told me. We found a way through and how to help myself. Now am calm and happy. "
"EMDR is a life saver. I was in a very bad place and now it's over."
Training, qualifications & experience
- Eating Disorders PG Diploma 1997
- Cert Transactional Analysis 1995
- Cert Counselling 1996
- BSc Psychology 2001
- PGD Psychotherapy and Counselling 2001
- PGD Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling 2002
- Ma Psychotherapy and Counselling 2004
- PGD Group and Individual Supervision 2009
- Cert Coaching 2006
- Msc Psychology Research 2012
- EMDR Part 1-4 Training 2010
- EMDR Accreditation 2012
- EFT Full training 2013
- EMDR Consultancy Training 2015
- EMDR Consultancy accreditation 2016
- MSc EMDR University of Worcester 2019
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Universities Psychotherapy & Counselling Association
Universities Psychotherapy & Counselling Association
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Shopping addiction
- Facebook and social media addiction
- Family Issues
- Adoption for Adults and Young People
- Attachment Traumas
- Family Issues
- Pre-Bereavement for People Dying, Hospice care and their relataives
- Cancer Treatment Support
- Bullying Support for Parents and Young People
- Therapy Dancers and Performers
- Support for Supporting those with Dementia and Alzheimers.
Psychotherapy From £80 Call to discuss
EMDR Sessions From £90 per hour. Can be longer due to intensive work or trauma processing.
Students please call to discuss rates and times.