The Aarlon Practice Gayle Sturrock
Thank You for reading my page.
I have been working as a counsellor, psychotherapist and coach for over 27 years and have see my work as a vocation as well as a career as I love working with people.
I am is specialised in:
- Issues around Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Panic Disorder, Relationship Issues and Trauma are a large part of my work. Please call to discuss a way forward. Anxiety and Panic can be solved through a number of ways that suit you. The focus on the work we do is around you and how you think and feel. You should feel that therapy is safe and contained space where you can be in control.
- New Parents and Family Issues including Birth Trauma and Post Natal Depression. Having a new baby is challenging in many ways. There are many things that are not spoken about that are important to work through for many people.
- Trauma related issues such as PTSD, effects of Childhood and Relational Trauma on Adults and Children, Road Traffic Accidents, Domestic Violence Trauma, Divorce and Traumas such as Emotional Abuse and Bullying. I provide EMDR Consultancy, Trauma Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- Loss and Bereavement Issues such as loosing a loved one, miscarriage, death of a child, illness, redundancy, cancer and medical issues, terminal conditions etc.
I see therapy as a team effort and a place where you can connect with yourself and be you. We are not given an instruction manual of how our nervous system, thoughts and emotions work together. I will help you understand the symptoms you have in the context of your life and make sense of it all. We can explore what you are looking for and come up with structure and a plan to help you.
- I can use psychotherapeutic techniques to help Clients with PTSD and trauma related symptoms such as EMDR, Re-Wind Technique and EFT and Somatic Experiencing Work.
- EMDR can be used in several areas such as Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Post Natal Depression, Birth Trauma, ME, CFS, and Relational Trauma such as childhood neglect, emotional and mental abuse. EMDR is useful for working with self esteem issues such as stuck negative beliefs about oneself.
- I also work with artists and artists in training the area of performing arts.
- I am a clinical supervisor for counsellors, psychotherapists, health professionals.
- With Many Thanks, Gayle
"I was so anxious and did not know what to do. Gayle helped me understand what was going on. I learnt how to deal with it one step at a time. It was common sense. I got my life back"
"Gayle helped me connect with myself and my problems. She gave me knowledge, skills and resources to work through things that were painful and holding me back. EMDR stopped me being on medication by working on past traumas, which were affecting every day"
"Gayle helped me understand my life and how I was stuck in a cycle of anxiety. I learnt empowering things that no one else had told me. We found a way through and how to help myself. Now am calm and happy. "
"EMDR is a life saver. I was in a very bad place and now it's over."
Training, qualifications & experience
- Eating Disorders PG Diploma 1997
- Cert Transactional Analysis 1995
- Cert Counselling 1996
- BSc Psychology 2001
- PGD Psychotherapy and Counselling 2001
- PGD Existential Psychotherapy and Counselling 2002
- Ma Psychotherapy and Counselling 2004
- PGD Group and Individual Supervision 2009
- Cert Coaching 2006
- Msc Psychology Research 2012
- EMDR Part 1-4 Training 2010
- EMDR Accreditation 2012
- EFT Full training 2013
- EMDR Consultancy Training 2015
- EMDR Consultancy accreditation 2016
- Currently in MSc for 3rd Year EMDR University of Worcester
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Shopping addiction
- Facebook and social media addiction
- Family Issues
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
From £60 Call to discuss
EMDR Sessions From £60 per hour. Can be longer due to intensive work or trauma processing.
Students please call to discuss rates and times.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available 8 to 4 and some evenings. Please call to discuss as am flexible. Used to working around professionals and shift workers.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an EMDR Consultant which enables me to help EMDR practitioners work through accreditation process for practitioner status and consultancy status.