We all face ups and downs in life, and sometimes it's hard to see our way through those difficult times. As a Therapist my aim is to help people bring 20:20 vision to their life challenges.
I use a varied range of talking therapies to support people with either short or long term therapy. I work in a non-judgemental and compassionate way, providing a safe, comfortable and confidential environment for clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation degree in Person-Centred Counselling.
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing (Mental Health).
- CRUSE trained bereavement counsellor.
- A former steelworker with 13 years experience as an NHS mental health nurse working with people of all ages, specialising in mood disorders and psychosis.
- Volunteer counsellor with a carers' charity.
- Volunteer counsellor with CRUSE.
- Experience of working in a secondary school supporting young people with self esteem, self worth, anxieties, anger and confidence issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Free, no obligation 15 minute initial telephone consultation to see if you feel I am the right therapist for you before booking sessions.
60 minute therapy sessions are charged at £35 per session.
Personal therapy for trainee counsellors is charged at £25 per 60 minute session.
Payment - cash only.
Therapies tailored to individual needs, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and person-centred therapy.
Areas of expertise include anger management, agoraphobia, bereavement & loss, bipolar disorder, bullying, depression, generalised anxiety disorder, family therapy, low self-confidence, low self-esteem & self-worth, panic disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, psychosis, stress, suicidal thoughts, trauma.
I can work from various venues across Redcar, East Cleveland and Middlesbrough.
I have professional indemnity insurance and a recent enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client