J. Gail Williams MBACP: Post.Grad Dip.Couns,, Dip.Counselling Supervision
With 22 years experience in the counselling field, and as a qualified counselling supervisor, I am able to assist with most issues which may be worrying you. I work in the Fylde Coast area, and in certain circumstances I can visit your home and work there with you if necessary.
What can counselling do for you?
Counselling is a very personal experience which can unlock feelings and sensations from the past allowing them to be understood, which is not always too comfortable, but helps with coming to terms with them and it also can put clarity into situations which may be happening in the here and now.
Many people do not know why they are feeling or behaving the way they do and counselling helps them to understand and allows them to deal with the results of past or present situations. I normally check after each session how my client is feeling and most say that, although they are a bit tired and drained, they feel as though a weight has been removed from their shoulders and they feel lighter.
I believe in working in which ever way suits the person I am working with - as we are all different, we all need a different approach. I can offer reduced rates in some circumstances.
- If you give me a call on 07530 175111we will be able to chat about what it is that you feel you need help.
- We can then make an appointment to meet up for an introductory, no obligation session within a couple of weeks should you wish to go ahead.
- I generally work late afternoon or evenings and Saturday mornings but can be a little flexible to suit your needs.
- In certain circumstances I can visit your home and work there with you if necessary.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Adv. Diploma in Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling studies
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision.
My experience ranges from working with young single homeless persons, clients with depression, anxiety, relationship or work problems, addictions, bereavement and trauma both current and from childhood including neglect and abuse.
I have also worked in a voluntary capacity within a women’s centre where a huge variety of issues come to light within a very diverse client base.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40.00 per session: Reduced rates for students and OAPs. Initial session 30 mins - £10.00
I do not hold anyone to a specific number of sessions although I do have a basic contract which is standard in all counselling. My experience tells me that the person undertaking counselling knows when they are ready to stop but I do review our journey on a regular basis to assist with moving forward when the time is right.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mainly evenings and weekends but can be a little flexible.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|