Dr Gail Simon, UKCP reg, Counsellor and Psychotherapist
The Counselling and Psychotherapy:
I’m a qualified psychotherapist and counsellor with over 25 years experience of working with individuals, families, households, kinship networks and workplaces.
The stye of therapy I offer is quite relaxed and interactive. We work together to explore what's been happening for you that is difficult to move on from, and why, and discuss how things can become less stuck or worrying. People usually come for a few appointments, sometimes more but often spread out to suit you. I think I'm often helpful to people encountering stuckness or going through change in their lives and helping find new ways forward.
I can help with
- managing anxiety or stress at work or at home
- communication and behavioural patterns in relationships with partners or in families or at work
- dealing with change or planning for change
- worries about children or about parents
- mending or ending relationships
- autism in the family
I have experience of working with most population groups. I have a lot of experience working with
- Lesbian, gay, trans, bisexual and queer people and their relationships
- new and re-forming families
- autistic people and their families
- the place of cultural history in people's lives.
My office is close to Ilkley, Bradford, Keighley and Skipton. I am happy to offer sessions online when useful.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include
- Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice
- MA Systemic Practice
- PG Dip Systemic Therapy with Individuals, Couples and Families
- Dip. Art & Design
Registrations and Memberships
- UKCP Psychotherapist reg. No. 940203
- AFT Supervisor reg. No. 1251738
- Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education. Registered supervisor.
- Taos Institute Associate
Experience and Interests
I have worked as a therapist, supervisor and trainer for many years in the NHS, Third Sector organisations and independent practice. I enjoy working with all ages of people, on their own or with partners, parents, children or friends.
I have experience of working with most population groups. I have a lot of experience working within the LGBTQI communities, new and re-forming families, where autism is present in people's lives and am particularly interested in the place of cultural history in people's lives.
I have been a registered supervisor since 1994 and provide individual and group supervision for BACP and UKCP registered therapists with systemic or relational orientations.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Families with autistic people
- Parents of adult children
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans relationship counselling
Feel free to email me or call me on weekdays between 9am - 18.00 to discuss what you are looking for and to ask any questions you might have.
I don't offer evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists using relational, narrative or systemic approaches.