Dr Gail Simon, UKCP reg, Counsellor and Psychotherapist, Online and In-Person
Counselling and Psychotherapy - Online and In-Person
I’m a qualified psychotherapist and counsellor with over 25 years experience of working with individuals, families, households, kinship networks and workplaces. We can meet at my office or online - or a mix of both.
The stye of therapy I offer is quite relaxed and interactive. We work together to explore what's been happening for you that is difficult to move on from, and why, and discuss how things can become less stuck or worrying. People usually opt for a few appointments and at a frequency to suit you.
I can help with
- dealing with change
- managing anxiety or stress
- worries about children or about parents
- autism in the family
- gender or sexual identity
- communication and behavioural
- relationship patterns with partners, families or work
- dealing with change or planning for change
I have experience of working with most population groups and I have a particular experience working with
- Lesbian, gay, trans, bisexual and queer people and their relationships
- People who define themselves as autistic or atypical and their families
- Intercultural history and living
- new and re-forming families
My office is close to Ilkley, Bradford, Keighley and Skipton.
I am happy to offer sessions online. I started doing online therapy as early as 2005 and earlier than that over the phone. I have been training organisations in phone counselling since 1990. But communicating via social media has changed a lot. Wife you have a preference for phone, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, Wire, or FaceTime and so on. You can also choose whether you feel like using the camera or just the audio.
People have different reasons for wanting online or phone counselling. Maybe you travel a lot or live at a distance from London. Perhaps you have mobility challenges or for health reasons. Many couples or families live at a distance from each other. Maybe you would just prefer to have therapy online or over the phone. Some people choose to have a mix of in person and online sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include
- Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice
- MA Systemic Practice
- PG Dip Systemic Therapy with Individuals, Couples and Families
- Dip. Art & Design
Registrations and Memberships
- UKCP Psychotherapist reg. No. 940203
- AFT Supervisor reg. No. 1251738
- Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education. Registered supervisor.
- Taos Institute Associate
Experience and Interests
I have worked as a therapist, supervisor and trainer for many years in the NHS, Third Sector organisations and independent practice. I enjoy working with all ages of people, on their own or with partners, parents, children or friends.
I have experience of working with most population groups. I have a lot of experience working within the LGBTQI communities, new and re-forming families, where autism is present in people's lives and am particularly interested in the place of cultural history in people's lives.
I have been offering online and phone counselling for many years and offered training to others using these media.
I have been a registered supervisor since 1994 and provide individual and group supervision for BACP and UKCP registered therapists with systemic or relational orientations. I also offer supervision online or by phone.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Families with autistic people
- Parents of adult children
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans relationship counselling
Feel free to email me or call me on weekdays between 9am - 18.00 to discuss what you are looking for and to ask any questions you might have.
I don't offer evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
I can sometimes meet people in more accessible spaces locally.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists using relational, narrative or systemic approaches.