Frances Friswell, Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor, UKCP Reg, BACP
I have over 25 years experience, working with young people and adults working together to overcome a wide range of issues including anxiety, panic attacks, depression, transitional difficulties, anger, gender, relationship issues, bereavement and loss.
I have experience of working with young people who are on the autistic spectrum.
My practice is run from a discreet confidential setting with easy access and free parking.
I am a registered BUPA healthcare professional which enables you to use your policy allowance for therapy sessions.
In addition to this I offer clinical supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists and health related professionals.
During the current pandemic, I offer online Zoom video link sessions via a PC or FaceTime contact.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA Integrative Psychotherapist IATE / London Metropolitan University
Diploma in 1:1 and Group Clinical Supervision
Diploma in Counselling
Diploma in the Therapeutic application of the Arts
Diploma in Group Dynamics
Diploma Working with Adolescence
Post graduate member of Institute of Arts and Therapy in Education London
UKCP registered Psychotherapist
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Discussed in first session.
BUPA approved and registered.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 7pm Appointments outside of these hours are available on request.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I provide clinical supervision and training to Counsellors and Psychotherapists both in training and also those that are qualified.