I am a qualified CBT and EMDR counsellor and an Accredited member of the BACP. My counselling services are tailored to support clients who are experiencing psychological or emotional issues. I also offer intergrative psychotherapy. I have substantial experience of providing both short and long term counselling to individuals and couples within organisations, NHS and private practice. In addition,I have a broad experience of working with different mental heath issues. I am also a BUPA recognised provider of counselling and psychotherapy.
If you have BUPA medical insurance, please contact your insurance provider first to obtain a pre-authorisation number. Once you obtained this, please contact me with the number together with your BUPA membership number and date of birth. I can usually get you an appointment within the week. Also BUPA now funds online and telephone counselling, which means that I can take on BUPA clients nationwide. Please contact me if you require any further information.
I provide a safe and quiet environment that gives you the time and space to explore patterns of behaviour and work through difficult issues. I work also within the BACP ethical framework and confidentiality is highly upheld in my work.
I offer CBT, EMDR and integrative therapy.
I have an extensive experience of supporting clients with issues such as:
- Relationship issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Post Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD)
- Work related stress
- Anger management
- Low self-esteem / Low self confidence
I also offer personal therapy to counsellors in training as part of their training requirement.
Training, qualifications & experience
ALEXANDRA RICHMAN ( EMDRIA) Post graduate certificate in EMDR
GREENWICH UNIVERSITY: Bachelor's degree in BACP Accredited Integrative Counselling.
GREENWICH UNIVERSITY: Foundation Degree in BACP Accredited Integrative Counselling.
BROMLEY COLLEGE: Level 3 Introduction to Counselling skills
Other Training and CPDs
- Certificate in demonstrations of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy skills (CBT)
- Certificate in working with Trauma.
- Certificate in Mindfulness (CBT).
- Certificate in Working with Suicidal Clients.
- Certificate in working with bereavement.
- Certificate in couples' counselling
- Working with Clients’ Shame and Guilt
- Working with gender issues
- Certificate in understanding health and nutrition
- Offering CBT counselling within the NHS to clients who are experiencing low to medium level of anxiety and depression.
- Counsellor in Bereavement Center : Offering counselling to clients who had experienced any form of loss in their lives, supporting them through their grieving process.
- Work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds who are experiencing PTSD..
- Offered counselling and support to A levels students, supporting them with different personal and academic issues.
- Facilitates different women’s self-esteem and parenting skills groups by guiding and helping the women to boost their self esteem and learn different parenting skills.
- Offered counselling and support to children with emotional of psychological issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Worked related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Individual counselling - £50.00 per session
Couple counselling - £65.00 per session
Child counselling - £40.00
Group Counselling/ Workshop- £ 25 per person per session
Concessions are given to students and clients on low income and benefits
Areas my practice cover:
Bromley, Catford, Beckenham, Lewisham, Lee, Orpington, Elmer's End, Eltham, Forest Hill, Sydenham, Dulwich, Ladywell, Greenwich, Deptford, Sidcup, brockley. SE6, SE12, SE13, SE14, SE19, SE20, SE21, SE25, SE26, SW2, BR1, EC1V, BR1, BR3
Central London: Great Portland Street W1W
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French and Spanish|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|