K. Fiona Phillips BSc (Hons) Psych, Adv. Dip. Counselling, MBACP (Accred.)
I am a professional, BACP Accredited counsellor/psychotherapist, working in my own private practice. I work with young people aged 12 years and over, adults and couples. I have experience with a wide variety of issues such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues, abuse, bereavement and loss and many other challenging situations. Equality is very important to me, I welcome those of any disability, race, religion, sexuality or gender.
As a Humanistic Counsellor I primarily use a person-centred approach to my work. Our sessions would take the direction that you choose. I would work alongside you to provide a compassionate, open, non-judgemental space to explore your concerns and enable you in your process of self-discovery and change. I also use the more creative Gestalt techniques alongside Transactional Analysis and Mindfulness and focussing approaches when relevant and helpful.
The relationship between counsellor and client is of great importance to the success of our work. I offer a free initial consultation to provide a no obligation opportunity for us to meet and explore the possibility of working together. Any contact or discussion is completely confidential.
I hope this information has been useful. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me or email me through the form on this website. Thank you for your interest, I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc(Hons) Psychology – University of Birmingham
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling – Alton College
- NCFE Level 3 Counselling Skills and Theory – Alton college
- NCFE Level 2 Counselling Skills – Alton college
- NCFE Level 2 Mental Health Awareness – Eastleigh College
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Certificate in Couples Counselling - Basingstoke Counselling Service
- Certificate: Working with Shame – Simon Cavicchia
- Certificate: Working with Couples – Rosie Alexander
- Certificate: Psychosexual Issues – Carol Graham
- Certificate: Mindfulness and Focussing – Russell Kendell and John Threadgold
- Certificate: Bereavement and Loss – Woking Hospice
- Certificate: End of Life Empathy – Woking Hospice
- Certificate: Spirituality in Palliative care- Woking Hospice
- Certificate: How to deal with Pornography addiction – Dr Rosa Hubbard-Ford
- Certificate in Emergency/Trauma Intervention - Jonathon Lake
In addition to my extensive varied experience in my private practice, I also have experience working at Woking Hospice in Bereavement counselling and at Alton Sixth Form college working with 16 to 18 year old young people.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
A session lasts 50 minutes.
£60 per Individual session
£70 per Couples session
£45 per session for student Counsellors
I offer a free 30-minute consultation to help us assess whether I am the right Counsellor for you.
I undertake regular supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines.
I attend regular continuing professional development (CPD) conferences, courses and workshops to update and develop my skills
I have full professional indemnity insurance.
I am a member of Hampshire Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (HACP).
My consultation room is in a relaxed, private, welcoming environment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client