Fiona O Hare Bacp/Accr Integrated Counsellor
29 Lisserboy Road
07517530510 / 07517530510
I have been a practising counsellor since 2013. I have 12yrs experience working with children teenagers with social and emotional problems. My counselling training encompassed working with women suffering from emotional and physical abuse, and subsequently working with people in addiction and also aftercare/relapse prevention work. My professional development and training covers a wide range of issues that keep people stuck and unable to fulfil their potential ie. from relationship problems, trauma,abuse,attachment, addiction etc
I am an Integrated Counsellor using a Person Centred Approach alongside CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy) skills and drawing on Psychodynamic Theories. My own life experiences as a mother also enables me to understand the struggles that people face in todays world.
I am fully aware of how hard and agonising it is for clients to make the first move towards speaking to a counsellor and will provide a warm welcome and safe space for clients to discuss their concerns and hopefully enable them to begin to help them unburden themselves of their problems and manage their lives more positively.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Completed Foundation Degree Counselling University Ulster 2013
- Achieved Accreditation 2018
- Awarded Certificate in Cognitive Therapy, Theory and Methods January 2018 (Belfast cognitive Therapy Centre)
- Nexus-Working at Relational Depth Professor Dave Mearns April 2010
- OCN Level 4 Introduction to Psychological Trauma June 2015
- OCN Level 3 Trauma and Addiction Wave Trauma Centre April 2016
- Nexus - Raising Awareness and Understanding CSA April 2016
- Training with PIPS Suicide Prevention.
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Addiction - Effects on Individual Family
- Attachment and Developmental Trauma (Child in Mind) 28/29 June 2014
- Myles Donnan - Sexual Awareness
- Nexus - Trauma and The Body July 2016
- Nexus - Introduction for Counsellors and support CSA September 1016
- I have a minimum of 30 continued professional development hours training every year as well as keeping up to date with the most recent studies and literature on Trauma and Mental Health Problems.
- OCN Level 3 Psychological Trauma Wave trauma centre April 2016
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£35.00 per hr.
Concessions for unemployed.
Counselling will take place in a private safe non judgemental environment.
As an accredited member of BACP I adhere to the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and Professional Conduct Procedures. I also attend regular supervision and continue to update my professional development in accordance with the issues that clients bring to counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday Will endeavour to work around the clients needs if possible.
Types of client