Fiona MacKenzie BA (Hons), Counsellor & Psychotherapist, MBACP UKATA
The Royal Exchange Building
St Ann's Square
0161 327 2175 / 07935 228216
Welcome. I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist with practices in Manchester Deansgate and St Ann's Square. I work with individuals, couples, young adults and families on a wide range of issues, which include depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, anger management, relationship issues, stress, addictions, loss and grief.
I am a director and co-founder of the Deansgate Therapy Centre.
When we have problems in our life, it is not always easy to ask for the help we need or to see a way forward, and most of us would like to be able to cope with life's events and changes easily, bit it is not always possible. Talking to a professional counsellor can help.
I offer a safe, supportive, non-judgemental and professional environment in which to explore your world. Therapy can offer us the opportunity to achieve a greater understanding of ourselves and our emotional distress and helps to facilitate change, offer a a new perspective and help us realise our full potential.
Consultations Consultations are Monday to Saturday with daytime and evening appointments available. One-to-one individual counselling session are 50 minutes in duration and I offer both time-limited, solution focused therapy (6-12 weeks) and open ended psychotherapy consultations. Relationship and family therapy appointments are 60-90 minutes duration, depending of what is appropriate.
- Individual face-to-face therapy £50.00 (initial consultation £30.00)
- Couples/Relationship therapy £60.00 (initial consultation £35.00)
- Family Therapy is from £60.00 (initial consultation from £35.00)
The first consultation is charged at a reduced fee. This initial session gives us the opportunity to look at the issues you are dealing with and what you hope to get from therapy. It also allows me to explain more about the therapeutic process, how I work and we can then both decide if therapy is the right course of action for you and if working with me would be beneficial.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Cert. in Working with Anxiety, The Berne Insitute
- Cert. in Counselling Teenagers, IATE
- Cert. in Attachment and Loss, The Bowlby Centre
- Cert. in Working with Divorce and Separation, The Tavistock Institute
- Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Member of UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- Member of ITAA (International Association for Transactional Analysis_
- FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners)
- Associate Counsellor at the University of Liverpool (current position)
- Counsellor at Age Concern in Sefton
- After the Affair, The Tavistock Institute
- The Drama of Being an Adolescent, The Gestalt Centre
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
Consultations are Monday-Saturday with daytime and evening appointments available. One-to-one individual counselling sessions are 50 minutes in duration and I offer both time-limited, solution focused therapy (6-12) weeks and open-ended psychotherapy. Couples therapy consultations are 60 minutes and family therapy is 60-90 minutes duration.
- Individual Therapy £50.00 (initial consultation £30.00)
- Couples/Relationship Therapy £60.00 (initial consultation 35.00)
- Family Therapy from £60.00 (initial consultation from £35.00)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|