Fiona Fitzpatrick BA, MA. Art Psychotherapist HCPC
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
I am a state registered Art Therapist. I work with children and adults. I have 3 years experience working with children and adolescence aswell as adults.
Art therapy is an alternative to talking therapies and can help a person understand themselves better by using art materials as the main form of communication. You do not have to have any skills in art and this is not an art class.
You use the art materials as a way to think about your feelings, difficulties or trauma instead of using words, perhaps you don't want to talk about something, or you don't have the words or you physically find it hard to speak/ communicate then art therapy may be the best therapy for you.
i have various art materials such as pens, pencils, paints, card, sewing, weaving, clay , pastels available each sessions. All art work made during sessions is confidential and stored in a secure location each week during therapy. On finishing therapy the art work is yours to take home or dispose of as you choose.
I am a person/child centred therapist and believe that the child or adult is their own expert of their treatment and themselves.
I am a CATT practitioner so I am trained to work with children affected by trauma whether single incident trauma or complex or multiple trauma.
Just get in touch and we can arrange a FREE initial meeting or telephone chat to discuss your needs and arrange an assessment to find out if art therapy would be the best therapy to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Art Psychotherapy practice
- 2 years training at CAMHS & NHS Trust working with children and adults with learning difficulties.
- Children's Accelerated Trauma Treatment practitioner
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Domestic violence awareness training bringing awareness around impact on parents and children.
- I am a registered health professional with HCPC and a full member of British Association of Art Therapists
- I qualified with an MA in Art Psychotherapies Practise in 2015
- I am a practitioner & deliverer of CATT (Children's Accelerated Trauma Treatment). Which helps with PTSD, multiple traumas or developmental trauma which can be several traumas which have happened during early years of A persons life which can continue to affect a person during growing up and into adulthood.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- stroke survivors
- adults with substance misuse
- looked after children
- children who have developmental trauma
- victims of sexual abuse
- various emotional difficulties
Photos & videos
FREE consultation over the phone or in person
You can ask any questions and I can get to understand your difficulties and background as more detail during our initial meeting.
We would usually have 3 weeks of assessment to see if we both feel Art Therapy is the most suited to your needs.
We will then make a plan for treatment and set goals so we can see if therapy is helping over time.
We will arrange regular reviews to monitor progress during therapy.
£45 per session (50mins)
Please email any questions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day times and some evenings . Please let me know your availability when contacting
Types of client