Faye Austen-Young BSc (Hons), Ad.Dip.Couns, P.G.Dip. Sup, MBACP (Accred).
I have 18 years of extensive mental health experience as well as within the LGB&T community. This includes in private practice, psychiatric NHS and the mental health charity MIND in senior managerial and therapist roles.
I am a BACP Accredited therapist as well as a qualified supervisor.
I see individual clients, couples and groups.
I have a deep understanding around individuals who have mental health issues.
I also see clients who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, non binary, pan and heterosexual.
I enjoy working with couples on many relationship issues and the couples I see come from a wide variety; heterosexual relationships, gay relationships and polyamorous relationships.
I also offer online therapy for individual counselling or supervision.
You will find me dedicated and committed to my clients and supervisees and I have a drive and passion for my work. It is such a rewarding experience to see people grow and blossom and an honour to be a part of.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Psychology
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Psychodynamic)
- UKCP P.G. Diploma in Counselling Supervision (Psychosynthesis)
- P.G. Diploma in Couple Counselling (Psychosynthesis)
- P.G. Certificate in Groupwork (Gestalt)
- Advanced Child Protection Training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with Transgender issues.
£50 for a 50 minute 1:1 Counselling Session
£30 for group therapy (1 and a half hours)
£70 for Couple Therapy (1 hour)
£50 for clinical supervision (1 hour)
Member of WPATH (The World Professsional Association for Transgender Health)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have daytime and evening appointments. Monday - Friday.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor in the psychosynthesis and psychodynamic approach as well as extensive experience in most modalities. I supervise both qualified counsellors as well as trainees. I also offer supervision of supervision.