Evelyn Margaret Hallam BSc Hons., P.G. Dip., MBACP Accred, MBPsS
I am a trained Accredited Member of the BACP offering face to face counselling, in a safe, non-judgemental and trusting environment, where you can explore difficult times in your life. I have over ten years of experience in counselling.
I qualified as a person-centred counsellor in 2004 (Durham University). I have since done a course in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. However, I work mostly from a Person-Centred perspective although, I often use an Integrative approach, including cognitive behaviour therapy, solution-focused therapy and gestalt therapy; depending on the presenting problem.
- I work from a community centre in Washington. However, in some cases (if disabled or elderly), I can visit your home.
- I also offer concessionary rates for those receiving benefit or if you are a student.
- The room which I use has free parking and is also on a major bus route.
- I do offer home visits for some individuals.
- I am an Accredited Member with the BACP and work within their ethical framework.
- I am also a member of the BPS.
- I have professional counselling insurance and have a current Enhanced CRB clearance.
Getting in touch...
To ensure I can accommodate an appointment in your preferred time frame please do give me a call 07723091544 or click here if you would rather send an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Accredited BACP counsellor and I did my post graduate diploma in counselling at Durham University. I also have an honors degree majoring in Psychology.
I currently attend continued professional development on a regular basis and have supervision for an hour and a half each month.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Domestic violence, physical abuse.
Between £30 and £40 per hour
I do however offer reduced rates for students and for those receiving benefits.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available most days
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|