Eva Sheffield- Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist RegCOSRT
WHAT I DO
I offer relationship and psychosexual therapy for both couples and individuals. Whether you are single or in a couple, whether you want therapy with your partner or alone, whether you are gay, lesbian, bisexual, heterosexual or transgender, married or in a civil partnership, in an open relationship, living together or apart, I aim to help you with your relationship or psychosexual problems.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
Sexuality is a lifelong process and a vital aspect of your personality. A fulfilling sex life is healthy and natural. Physical and emotional intimacy are essential parts of well-being. When a sexual difficulty occurs, having that fulfilling life can be difficult.
I believe that therapy has the potential to allow a person to grow and to enhance their life, whatever their age, sexual orientation, cultural background or religious belief. I believe that relationship and psychosexual therapy offers an exceptional opportunity to improve sexual function, as well as relationships.
I recognise that each individual is unique and distinctive. My therapeutic approach will be tailored to your specific needs.
I aim to create a safe and supportive space where you can openly discuss and process anything that is important to you. I aim to empower clients; my approach focuses on self-development and awareness, which can unblock unconscious barriers to living a more complete and satisfying life.
I believe that therapy is the perfect forum in which to safely address and attempt to resolve relationship issues. It offers an opportunity to develop a better understanding of your relationship and your partner, and encourages tolerance, understanding, or assertiveness, as appropriate.
I want to help you identify healthier ways of managing emotions, anxiety and stress. This will often result in improved communication and enhanced relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Member of COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists)
I have experience in long-term and short-term therapy covering wide range of relationship and psychosexual issues.
I set up my private practice in February 2021. I have worked with NHS clients at the West London Centre for Counselling since 2018, and with private and NHS clients at The Awareness Centre in Clapham (2017-2019).
My qualifications include:
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy (Lond). COSRT, NCP, NCS and Middlesex University accredited
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Lond). Accredited by the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
- Introduction to Couple Counselling and Psychotherapy at The Tavistock Relationships
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSRT is the UK’s leading membership organisation for therapists specialising in sexual and relationship issues.
All members must abide by their Code of Ethics and the performance of accredited members is regularly monitored.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I CAN HELP YOU WITH
- Communication difficulties
- Trust issues
- Relationships challenges after having a baby
- Difficulty forming or sustaining an intimate relationship, intimacy issues
- Sexual anxiety
- Loss of libido / desire / decline in sex drive
- Difficulty achieving orgasm (Anorgasmia)
- Sexual aversion
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
- Pain during sex (Vulvodynia, Dyspareunia)
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Vaginismus (when the muscles around the vagina tighten involuntarily whenever there is an attempt to penetrate it)
- Problematic Pornography Use
- Porn Induced Erectile Dysfunction
- Compulsive sexual behaviour
From £20.00 to £70.00
Concessions offered for
Cost per Session: £70
Payment method: Bank transfer.
10% NHS discount.
I have a limited number of concessionary slots available.
Please email me at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an assessment session.
My practice is open Monday to Wednesday.
I offer online-only appointments at the movement.