I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and psychotherapist, offering private therapy sessions in South-East London, Central London and West Kent. Services are also available online via phone, Skype and Zoom.
Sessions are offered on a short, medium and long-term, based on agreed goals for each individual case. I am committed to providing a respectful, confidential and supportive space for you in which to explore issues that you bring to therapy.
We will work together aiming to reach new understandings about your situation and find solutions that are best suited for you.
At the moment all of my work takes place online via Zoom or phone. If you are considering therapy please email me offering a few slots for a brief initial communication over the phone.
We can then agree on a regular date and time appointment depending on mutual availability.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and fully abide by its Ethical Framework and Core Values.
My training and work experience has spanned a variety of settings for nearly ten years, including primary care, secondary education, a large, non-profit, multi-ethnic community organisation and private practice. My interest and involvement in counselling has grown out of a long professional journey as a researcher and lecturer in the Higher and Further Education.
- Qualifications and Training:
Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling, Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Training in Theory and Practice of Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy, Tavistock Institute and Anna Freud Centre, London.
- Training in Practitioner Skills and Nutritional Interventions, National Centre for Eating Disorders, London.
- Current training in work with Families and Couples (systemic therapy), Prudence Skynner Family and Couple Therapy Clinic, SW London & St. George’s Mental Health NHS Trust.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Difficulties making/sustaining relationships
- Diversity and identity (ethnic, racial, sexual}; cultural differences
- Anxiety : feeling dissatisfied and stressed; phobias; dealing with uncertainty and unexpected situations; panic attacks, OCD
- Feeling sad; depression (loss and bereavement; grief; loss and life stages; psycho-somatic difficulties)
- Low self-esteem; low self-confidence; building assertiveness; perfectionism; fear of failure
- Insecurities; procastrination; indecisiveness; how to make a choice
- Life transitions : child-related issues, becoming a parent, divorce and separation; sudden changes in the family; postnatal depression
- Loss of meaning and purpose; need for emotional support and reflection; finding authenticity
- Eating problems; body image issues; addition
- Conflict resolution; anger management
- Recognising and dealing with trauma; panic attacks; building resilience
- Health-related issues and their psychological impact
Online session: £55