Erinn Brown, MA, PgCert, MBACP
I specialize in working with clients experiencing low self-esteem, family of origin issues, childhood relational trauma, difficulties with assertiveness, exploration of sexual orientation, and existential concerns. I also work frequently with individuals who identify with the gifted, expat, and LGBTQ+ communities.
Using an integrative approach tailored to the needs of each individual, I strive to help my clients understand and find practical ways to cope with their challenges. I primarily draw upon person-centred, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioural, and solution-focused approaches to therapy in my work.
As your therapist, I aim to create a warm, respectful, non-judgemental environment where you can feel safe to share your experiences. The type of therapy I offer is both insight-oriented and promotive of present functioning, and both short-term and long-term services are available.
My work with clients is supported by my extensive training and experience. I have completed seven years of formal post-secondary education in psychology and psychotherapy from the University of Oxford and other reputable institutions. I have also been providing therapy for teens and adult clients for six years in private practice and university settings, including a current contract with the University of Oxford to provide therapy for students of an international exchange program.
Please email me or visit mayfairpsychotherapy.co.uk if you have any questions about the services I offer or if you would like to request an initial appointment. I am currently accepting new video therapy clients (adults and teens ages 12+), and I will soon return to offering services in my Mayfair, London office. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 6 years of experience as a psychotherapist working with teens and adult clients in university and private practice settings
- 7 years of post-secondary education in psychology and psychotherapy from the University of Oxford and other reputable institutions
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS)
- Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) in Psychodynamic Counselling – With Distinction – University of Oxford (2019)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Counselling Psychology – McGill University (Canada) (2017)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology – With Distinction – University of Victoria (Canada) (2013)
- For the past four years, I have worked in full-time private practice providing therapy to teen and adult clients in Oxford, London, and Ottawa, Canada.
- I am currently contracted by the University of Oxford to provide psychotherapy to students of an international exchange program.
- I completed two years of internships and practicums in university counselling settings during my master’s degree in Montreal, Canada.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- School issues
- Social anxiety
- Life transitions
- Existential issues
- Expat community
- International student community
- Gifted population
- LGBTQ+ population
- Session fees: £90-120
- The first session is offered at half of the normal rate.
Further information about my policies regarding fees is available on my website.
- Currently registered with Cigna and Vitality Health.
- If you would like to request that I register with your insurance provider, please indicate this in your initial message.
**All appointments are currently being held via video therapy, but in-person sessions will be available again in the near future. Flexible hours available and new clients welcome.