I have an MA in Mindfulness based Psychotherapy from the Karuna Institute.
I provide a non-judgemental space that gives an opportunity for exploration. Our sessions will be led by you. I will support you in your inherent ability to know your own intentions and have them honoured; allowing you to know yourself more and increase awareness. We could reflect on what may or may not be working for you in your life by taking a look at feelings, sensations and thoughts. Certain patterns or ways of being and relating can be identified that could free up energy and joy in life, improve steadiness and ability to self-regulate. Specific attention will be paid to a building of your own personal internal resources that maybe lacking at present. Once we become aware of these patterns, we naturally take steps to transform our lives into even more of what we want.
Things we can cover:
- Developing resilience and the capacity to be with unbearable feelings
- Personal growth and transformation
- Healing from trauma and emotional hurts
- Overcoming stress, burnout, depression & anxiety
- Overcoming negative life patterns that are holding you back
- Develop healthy boundaries i.e. to say a compassionate no
- Stop the intergenerational transmission of negative emotional patterns
- Understanding relationship dynamics
- Turning negative relationship dynamics into positive dynamics
- Connecting more deeply with your inner self
- Learning to access your intuition and innate wisdom
- Finding meaning and purpose in your life
- Developing components of emotional intelligence: awareness, self-regulation, empathy
- Understanding your emotions, and working with them, rather than against them
- Tending to addictive behaviours
Training, qualifications & experience
I studied Mindfulness based Core Process Psychotherapy at the Karuna Institute.
I have been working in the field of personal development, counselling, health and wellbeing for 19 years. With a counselling skills certificate in 2004. And a BSc (Hons) Health Sciences specialising in Health Promotion in 2009. I have been doing mindful psychotherapy for 6 years.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.