Erica Fernandes - Mindful Psychotherapy
I have an MA in Mindfulness based Psychotherapy from the Karuna Institute.
I provide a non-judgemental space that gives an opportunity for exploration. Our sessions will be led by you. I will support you in your inherent ability to know your own intentions and have them honoured; allowing you to know yourself more and increase awareness. We could reflect on what may or may not be working for you in your life by taking a look at feelings, sensations and thoughts. Certain patterns or ways of being and relating can be identified that could free up energy and joy in life, improve steadiness and ability to self-regulate. Specific attention will be paid to a building of your own personal internal resources that maybe lacking at present. Once we become aware of these patterns, we naturally take steps to transform our lives into even more of what we want.
Things we can cover:
- Developing resilience and the capacity to be with unbearable feelings
- Personal growth and transformation
- Healing from trauma and emotional hurts
- Overcoming stress, burnout, depression & anxiety
- Overcoming negative life patterns that are holding you back
- Develop healthy boundaries i.e. to say a compassionate no
- Stop the intergenerational transmission of negative emotional patterns
- Understanding relationship dynamics
- Turning negative relationship dynamics into positive dynamics
- Connecting more deeply with your inner self
- Learning to access your intuition and innate wisdom
- Finding meaning and purpose in your life
- Developing components of emotional intelligence: awareness, self-regulation, empathy
- Understanding your emotions, and working with them, rather than against them
- Tending to addictive behaviours
Training, qualifications & experience
I studied Mindfulness based Core Process Psychotherapy at the Karuna Institute.
I have been working in the field of personal development, counselling, health and wellbeing for 19 years. With a counselling skills certificate in 2004. And a BSc (Hons) Health Sciences specialising in Health Promotion in 2009. I have been doing mindful psychotherapy for 6 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- £80 per session.
- Concessionary rates available.
- First session free.
- Sessions are 50mins.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client