Emmy Roberts Dip.Counselling/BA HONS Counselling. MBACP
I am a qualified counsellor with years of experience in supporting clients through a wide of issues such as anger, loss, anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties or identity issues. My aim is to provide a secure and confidential environment in which people can have the time, space and support to explore the problems in their life and find positive ways In moving forward.
My training was originally based on the Person Centred approach, this approach uses a non-authoritative approach enabling you to take more of a lead in discussions so that, in the process, you will discover your own solutions. I’m a compassionate facilitator, listening without judgment and acknowledging your experience without moving the conversation in another direction. I am here to encourage and support you and to guide the therapeutic process without interrupting or interfering with the your process of self-discovery.
I’ts often easier for people to talk about difficult issues strolling side by side in the open air than when looking their therapist in the eye within four walls. When we walk and talk we connect with the emotion, because our body’s moving.
Movement propels people forward – literally and figuratively. Many of my clients prefer to take their sessions into the outdoors. Somehow the simple act of walking while talking out life’s issues creates an environment of possibility and change – of forward movement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA HONS Person Centred Counselling (BACP)
- Foundation Degree Integrative Counselling (CPCAB)
- LEVEL 2 Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- LEVEL 3 Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- LEVEL 5 Holistic Coaching
- OCN Common Core skills - Working with children (MNT)
- Maternity Pactitioner (MNT)
- Counselling for an agency that supports victims of sexual abuse.
- Counselling for an agency who support children in schools.
- Counselling for Mother’s experiencing Post Natal Depression.
- Volunteering for several charity organisations who provide counselling for their local communities.
- Supporting families and providing holistic coaching.
- Providing online Counselling for a national helpline.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Assessment- £30 50 minutes
Individuals (walk and talk) - £50 per 50 minute session
Room sessions - £60 per 50 minute sessions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client