Emma Thornton Reg MBACP, Dip Coun,
Counselling is about working together to find the right way through for you.
Together we can a find a way that is right for you this is your journey and I would be privileged to be part of your journey and your new start.
I have worked as a Counsellor for 9 years. I went into Counselling so I could support people through difficult times, and help them find a way through their issue. Life has a way of stopping us in our tracks and sometimes we need a new way of managing what life throws at us. Counselling can help. I can help.
I work with you at your pace. It is a relationship that is 50-50, an equal partnership
I am a Person Centred Counsellor and I am CBT trained which gives us another tool to use if required.I can also offer mindfulness which is a technique to help relax and focus our minds.
I see clients once a week.
Book initial appointment by contacting me by email or by telephone number provided.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified (BACP) registered counsellor and I hold a Certificate of Proficiency, which means I've been tested by the BACP and proved safe to practice.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling accredited by CPCAB
- Diploma In CBT Counselling
- Diploma In Relationship Counselling
- Talking about Cancer
- Military Awareness Certificate
- Cruse Bereavement Care Certificate
- Young Person’s Drug Awareness
- Supporting people on the Autistic Spectrum.
- Safe Guarding Children Awareness
- Sexual Abuse and Awareness in Children
- Caring for Vulnerable Adults and Children
- Alcohol awareness level 3
- NVQ 3 Business Studies
- Sand Play
- Family Mentoring Course
- Counselling Studies
- Counselling Skills
- Certificate in coping and dealing with stress
- NVQ 3 Customer Service
- NVQ 3 Business Studies
- NVQ Level 4 Customer Care
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer Mindfulness .
Face to Face Counselling is £35.00 per session.
Telephone Counselling is £15.00 per 45 minute session.
I am able to offer a room with disabled access if required, and I am able to offer home visits if required.
I offer weekday, weekend appointments or evening appointments.
Parking available at Sainsburys Torpoint.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer a room with disabled access and home visits if required.
Weekdays 09:00- 21:00 Weekends 10:00- 21:00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|