Emma Stevens MBACP, PGDip, Open Road Counselling
The Lodge Practice
9a High Street
I offer a safe space where you can be your real self; express your real thoughts, feelings and look at what you would like to change. I believe in your ability to change and will be right beside you as you travel.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified humanistic therapist. I have particular experience working with depression, anxiety and stress and a special interest in supporting carers and those living with or supporting someone with special needs.
I am mother to two young children, one of whom has Autism. My background previous to counselling was in drama, music and Primary school teaching.
I work with people on many issues including:
- Significant life changes and stages
- Bereavement and loss
- General unhappiness or dissatisfaction with life
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem and assertiveness
- Dealing with illness or physical change
- Feeling purposeless or lost
- Phobias and fears
- Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling (BACP accredited) – Wealden Psychology Institute
- Certificate in Mindfulness and Stress Reduction – Wealden Psychology Institute
- Qualified Teacher Status/PGCE – University of Cumbria with London East Consortium
- British Sign Language level 1 and study level 2 - City Lit Institute
- Diploma in Acting – Guildford School of Acting
- BA Hons Drama and Theatre Studies – Middlesex University
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Session length and timings
Unless otherwise agreed, sessions last for 50 minutes and are weekly. I offer daytime and some evening sessions.
Our first meeting is £15 for 50 minutes and a chance for us to discuss your needs and goals, ask questions and see if we can work together.
I charge a fee of £40 per 50 minute session. I have a limited number of concessionary sessions for low-income clients and counselling students. Please contact me if you need to access this reduced rate to check for availability.
Payment is at the end of each session by cash or cheque.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Some mornings, early afternoons and evening
Types of client