Dr Emma Punter
I provide one to one therapy to adults and adolescents in Chelsea and the City of London. Through my work I support individuals to develop a better and more in-depth understanding of their emotions and behaviours. I help individuals to develop strategies to manage difficult or uncomfortable feelings and to change undesirable patterns of behaviour. I work collaboratively, supporting individuals in working towards a life that feels authentic, fulfilling and meaningful.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a counselling psychologist I am trained in Cognitive Behavioural, Psychodynamic and Person-Centred therapies. I have additionally completed training in acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), mindfulness and compassion focused therapy (CFT).
I have over 6 years' experience of working with individuals in the NHS and privately. My theoretical approach is predominantly integrative, meaning I draw on a range of theories and techniques to tailor therapy to best suit the person's needs.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych)
- DPSych, Bachelors Degree in Psychology, BSc(Hons)
- Chartered Psychologist, Member of the British Psychological Society, CPsychol
- Registered with the Health Care and Professionals Council (HCPC)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
All initial sessions are a flat rate fee of £35. Please contact me for more information regarding fees.
Reduced fee appointments are available for those on low incomes, students and psychologists in training. These are limited so please contact me for information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client