Emma Powell MBACP, MBPsS.
07761001373 / 07761001373
- I'm a BACP registered integrative psychotherapist & counsellor offering individual, couples & family counselling as well as stress management, psychological consultancy, mindfulness coaching & meditation to individuals & small groups.
What I Offer:
- For Individuals - I provide an initial consultation of 30 minutes to discuss your therapy needs. Following that we'll meet weekly for 55 minutes of therapy. All my counselling contracts are open-ended; so there's no pressure to complete your therapy in a time frame, you decide the length and pace of your therapy. We will collaborate & tailor the therapy to your individual psychotherapeutic needs, enabling you to emotionally heal yourself in the best & most effective way possible, in a safe & confidential environment.
- For Couples, Families or Groups - I'll attend your home/place of work for a 45 minute consultation where we'll discuss all your needs, collaborate on a plan & work together regularly to achieve your desired outcomes. Please feel free to contact me for more information. (Unfortunately my private office is unable to accommodate couples, families or groups).
Insured by Towergate. BACP registration number: 196344
Training, qualifications & experience
- National Diploma Criminal Psychology.
- Higher National Diploma Psychology & Psychotherapy.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Defence Mechanisms.
- Rape Crisis/Sexual Abuse Support.
- Mindfulness Practitioner.
- Introduction to Art Therapy.
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults & Children.
- Introduction to Abuse.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Diploma.
- Couple & Family Therapy Diploma.
Current Ongoing In-Depth Training:
- Bereavement & Grief Therapy Diploma.
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) Diploma.
- Transactional Analysis
- Gestalt & Chair Work
- Short-Term Solution Focused
- Long Term Psychotherapy
- Goal Orientated Short Term Therapy
- Humanistic Psychotherapy
- Small Group Therapy
- Person Centered Counselling
- Sexual Abuse Survivors/Support Work
- Teens & Young Adults
- Meditation & Mindfulness Coaching
- Stress Management & Reduction
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- Initial Consultation - £20 (30 mins)
- Individuals - £30
- Couples/Families - £45
- Groups - £25 (per person)
- Consultancy - from £55
- Stress Management Training - from £55 (per person)
- Coaching - £25
Prices are hourly unless otherwise stated.
Payment is by cash or bank transfer (bank details given at the initial consultation).
Travel charge £1 per mile (for families, couples & groups - only available within Peterborough City).
(Prices are subject to change at any time).
Skype, Whatsapp, online chat & telephone counselling for clients outside the U.K/Worldwide or those unable to attend regular face-to-face sessions.
DBT group sessions (email to register your interest; group sessions will run once required number of participants has been reached - venues TBC).
Meditation & mindfulness coaching is 45 minutes per session (group sessions available contact me for further details). Stress managment is a 2 hour training course (minimum numbers apply; contact for a quote).
Closed Tuesdays, weekends & bank holidays. Late night opening Mon, Wed & Thurs until 9:30pm.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Current Availability: Wed 14:45 & 20:15, Thurs 20:15, Fri 14:45, 16:00.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|