Emma Powell MBACP, MBPsS.
07761001373 / 07761001373
- I'm a BACP registered integrative psychotherapist & counsellor offering individual, couples & family counselling as well as stress management, psychological consultancy, mindfulness coaching & meditation to individuals as well as small groups.
What I Offer:
- For Individuals - I provide a free initial consultation of upto 30 minutes where you come to discuss your therapy needs, fill out some paperwork, get to know each other & see if we are a good fit. Following that we'll meet approximately once a week for an hour for therapy. All my counselling contracts are open ended, therefore there's no pressure on you to complete your therapy in a time frame, you decide the length and pace of your therapy & I support you to do that in a safe, comfortable and confidential environment. We can collaborate & tailor the therapy to your individual needs, by using different psychological techniques we enable you to emotionally heal yourself in the best & most effective way possible.
- For couples, families or groups - Initially I will attend your home or place of work for an hour long consultation where we'll discuss your therapy needs, collaborate on a plan of action and work together regularly to achieve your desired outcomes over a set period of time. Please feel free to contact me for more information. (Unfortunately my home office is unable to accommodate couples or families, due to it's small size).
Insured by Towergate. BACP registration number: 196344
Training, qualifications & experience
- National Diploma Criminal Psychology.
- Higher National Diploma Psychology & Psychotherapy.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Defence Mechanisms.
- Rape Crisis/Sexual Abuse Support.
- Mindfulness Practitioner.
- Introduction to Art Therapy.
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults & Children.
- Introduction to Abuse.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Diploma.
Current Ongoing In-Depth Training:
- Bereavement & Grief Therapy Diploma.
- Families & Couples Therapy Diploma.
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) Diploma.
- Gestalt & Chair Work
- Short-Term Solution Focused
- Long Term Psychotherapy
- Goal Orientated Short Term Therapy
- Humanistic Psychotherapy
- Small Group Therapy
- Person Centered Counselling
- Sexual Abuse Survivors/Support Work
- Teens & Young Adults
- Meditation & Mindfulness Coaching
- Stress Management & Reduction
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
- Individuals - £30
- Couples/Families - £45
- Groups - POA
- Consultancy - Starts at £55
- Coaching - £25
Payment is By Cash or Bank Transfer Only - Invoices & Receipts Available Upon Request
(*All Prices Are Subject to Change).
I Also Offer Skype, Online & Phone Counselling For Clients Outside of The U.K or For Clients Unable To Attend Regular Face-to-Face Meetings.
Meditation & Mindfulness Coaching is 45 Minutes.
Closed Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
Closed Bank Holidays
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekly - Wed 3pm & Fri 2:45pm. Fortnightly - Wed 1:30pm, 4pm & 6pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|