Emma Marshall Registered Member MBACP (Accred)
I am an experienced BACP Accredited Person Centred Counsellor and Psychotherapist working with adults and young people aged 13+.
My aim as a counsellor is to provide a safe space for people to talk openly about their situation or issues troubling them, free from the fear of judgement or criticism whilst fully hearing and understanding what is being said. I believe in building a collaborative, therapeutic relationship built on mutual trust which has been found to be effective in helping people find their own answers and the courage to take the next steps to a more fulfilling future. Therapy may be long or short term, whichever works best for the individual.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Alongside working privately with both adults and young people, I have volunteered as a Drop-in volunteer and Counsellor for a local youth agency since 2011. I have provided counselling within a local secondary school for the past 2 years.
- I have experience as Counselling Co-ordinator for a local youth agency, liaising between clients and counsellors, completing assessments, managing the waiting list and co-ordinating the service whilst supporting other volunteer counsellors.
- Level 1 Introduction to Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Abuse and the effects on children
- Alcohol Addiction and Abuse Awareness
- Working with suicidal thoughts and suicide prevention
- Low self-esteem and resilience
- Working with adult survivors of childhood abuse (sexual, emotional, physical and neglect)
- Honor Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
- Supporting young transgender people
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Level 1 & 2 Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- A Reducing the Risk Domestic Abuse Champion
I abide by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists Ethical Framework of Good Practice.
I hold full Liability Insurance and a clear Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Please feel free to contact me even if your issue is not listed here as I may still be able to offer counselling to you.
Sessions are £40 per hour, paid by cash on the day. If you are experiencing financial difficulties please contact me to discuss further as I can be flexible with fees.
I understand that there are times when sessions need to be cancelled and I ask that you give as much notice as possible. I will not charge for cancelled sessions with more than 24 hours notice.
I offer student rates to Counsellors in training.
- Unfortunately the building I work from does not have disabled access, but if required I can make alternative arrangements at a different site. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
- Free parking
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client