Emma Marshall Registered Member MBACP (Accred) and Supervisor
I am an experienced BACP Accredited Person Centred Counsellor and Psychotherapist working with adults and young people aged 13+.
My aim as a counsellor is to provide a safe space for people to talk openly about their situation or issues troubling them, free from the fear of judgement or criticism whilst fully hearing and understanding what is being said. I believe in building a collaborative, therapeutic relationship built on mutual trust which has been found to be effective in helping people find their own answers and the courage to take the next steps to a more fulfilling future. Therapy may be long or short term, whichever works best for the individual.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Supervision
- Alongside working privately with both adults and young people, I have volunteered as a Drop-in volunteer and Counsellor for a local youth agency since 2011. I have provided counselling within a local secondary school for 2 years until 2017.
- I have experience as Counselling Co-ordinator for a local youth agency, liaising between clients and counsellors, completing assessments, managing the waiting list and co-ordinating the service whilst supporting other volunteer counsellors.
- Level 1 Introduction to Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Abuse and the effects on children
- Alcohol Addiction and Abuse Awareness
- Working with suicidal thoughts and suicide prevention
- Low self-esteem and resilience
- Working with adult survivors of childhood abuse (sexual, emotional, physical and neglect)
- Honor Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
- Supporting young transgender people
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Level 1 & 2 Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- A Reducing the Risk Domestic Abuse Champion
I abide by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists Ethical Framework of Good Practice.
I hold full Liability Insurance and a clear Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Please feel free to contact me even if your issue is not listed here as I may still be able to offer counselling to you.
Concessions offered for
Sessions are £50 per hour, paid by cash on the day. If you are experiencing financial difficulties please contact me to discuss further as I can be flexible with fees.
I understand that there are times when sessions need to be cancelled and I ask that you give as much notice as possible. I will not charge for cancelled sessions with more than 24 hours notice.
I offer student rates to Counsellors in training.
- Unfortunately the building I work from does not have disabled access, but if required I can make alternative arrangements at a different site. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
- Free parking