Emma Chapman - MBACP (Reg) MA Clinical Counselling. Adults, Couples & Teenagers
*COVID-19 UPDATE: AT PRESENT I AM ONLY SEEING CLIENTS ONLINE VIA ZOOM OR OVER THE TELEPHONE*
There are times in life when things can be overwhelming. At these times we can feel anxious, lonely, depressed, trapped, frightened and confused. I’m Emma, a fully qualified counsellor with a Masters in Clinical Counselling. I can support you to work through these difficult feelings and find a way forward.
I have supported people for over 15 years in schools, hostels for homeless people, youth services and in family support roles. I trained as a counsellor because I believe that having good mental health is the key to being able to have a fulfilled and meaningful life.
I have experience of working in an NHS, IAPT (Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies) counselling service. I decided to work privately so that I can give my clients the freedom to work through things in their own way, at their own pace.
I am a Person-Centred counsellor, this means that I work with you. My counselling sessions are client led. I will offer you a safe, non-judgmental space to talk and explore your thoughts and feelings so that together, we can find a way to challenge them, or learn to accept them.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). The BACP is the governing body for Counselling and Psychotherapy. As a member I adhere to their ethical guidelines and I hold myself to the highest professional standards.
Having published research in Post-Natal Mental Health I have a particular expertise in working with mothers and mothers to be. If you are a mother of any age who has experienced confusing feelings towards motherhood, or around being a mother, I can help.
I have also worked at a charity which is dedicated to the Prevention of Suicide. If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide, I can help you to keep safe from these often frightening and overwhelming thoughts whilst supporting you to understand where they come from and what you can do to move past them.
I have completed a Certificate in Couples Counselling and offer packages for couples - please visit my website for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
Below are some of the professional qualifications that I hold:
- Masters (MA) in Clinical Counselling (with Distinction) – This is a BACP Accredited Course at The University of Chester.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – Mid-Cheshire College
- Introduction to Counselling – Mid Cheshire College
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) – The University of Central Lancaster
I’m also committed to continued professional development. Here is just some of the additional training that I have done:
- Introduction Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – The Horsforth Centre.
- REWIND Technique for Trauma - Dr David Muss
- Certificate in Couples Counselling - Drighlington Health Hub
- ASIST – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – Delivered by Living Works and recognised by the World Health Organisation.
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy Training – Delivered by Eileen Murphy.
- Counselling Children and Young People: Using the Person-Centred Approach – Delivered by John Bradley MBACP (Snr. Accred) Children and Young People's Counsellor.
- ARTiculate Training – An Introduction to Supporting Children and Young People through Art – Delivered by The British Association of Art Therapists.
- Working Together to Safeguard Children – Level 3 Safeguarding – Delivered by Cheshire West and Chester Safeguarding Board.
- Responding to Domestic Abuse – Delivered by Cheshire west and Chester Domestic Abuse Partnership.
- Lego Therapy – Delivered by Cheshire West and Chester Educational Psychologists.
- Nurture Group Training – Delivered by The Nurture Group Network.
- The Hormone Explosion - Understanding Attachment Needs in Young People - Delivered via the Cheshire East Attachment Friendly Schools Team.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Each counselling session costs £45. Evening and weekend sessions cost £50.
Couples counselling costs £60 a session. A package of 6 sessions is available for £320.
I offer bespoke training packages for a range of different professionals on a broad range of Mental Health topics.
Having completed research in Post-Natal Mental health I have particular expertise in working with mothers and mothers to be and have trained other counsellors and professionals working with this client group.
Each training package includes Continued Professional Development (CPD) certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I offer evening appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|