Dr Emma Bacon, Clinical Psychologist, D Clin Psychol, BA (Hons)
I provide psychological therapies including ACT, CBT and Parent-Infant Psychology for children, parents, families and adults. I offer prompt, flexible and effective help for a range of emotional, social and behavioural difficulties across Newcastle and Northumberland.
I use evidence-based therapeutic techniques to help clients address their particular difficulties and achieve specific therapeutic goals. Our sessions together may give you:
- greater understanding of what drives your behaviour or that of your child
- new coping skills to manage difficulties more effectively
- practical suggestions about how to handle emotions such as sadness and anger
- support to develop a happy and healthy relationship with your baby or child
Please see my website (www.emmabaconclinpsych.co.uk) for further information. Feel free to contact me for an informal chat about my service and to discuss the help I can provide for you or your child.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Psychology (1996)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2003)
- Subsequent training:
- Infant Mental Health
I have worked in the NHS as a Clinical Psychologist working with children, young people and their parents and families, and also as an Early Years Mental Health Psychologist with parents/carers and their young babies and children.
I have a wealth of experience helping children, adults and families with a range of emotional, developmental, behavioural and relationship difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£80 Mon - Fri 9am -5pm
£90 Mon - Fri 5 - 9pm and Sat 8-12am
Appointments usually last 50 minutes.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and follow their standards for ethical practice. I am a chartered member of the British Psychological Society. I am fully insured.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client