Emma Alban Counselling Reg MBACP
I am an experienced and professionally qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, based in a quiet village location close to Peterborough.
A registered member of the BACP, I provide a confidential, caring and tailor made counselling service, where you can explore and work one-to-one with me through the things that are troubling you in your life.
I work from an integrative humanistic perspective; this can help you explore difficulties you may be facing, which could keep you feeling stuck and maybe powerless; my approach is also solution focused, which looks at how you can make possible changes that can help you move forward in your life.
This approach can be helpful for issues such as:
· Anger management
· Low self-esteem
· Relationship difficulties
· Creative or any kind of life block
If you would like to find out more please contact me on Tel: 07791 271229 or email via the link above ... and I will contact you to arrange an initial consultation. Ongoing sessions are initially weekly and are for 60 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling
- National Certificate in further Education, in Counselling
- Preparing to Teach in The Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- Accredited Bereavement Support (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Training areas include:
- Bereavement and Loss
- Mental Health
- CBT in Brief Therapy
- Anger management
- Self Harm and Suicide
- Skills for working with Personality Disorders
- Foundations of Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (NLP)
- Foundations of Neuroscience
- Solution focused brief therapy
- Silva Mind method training
I have had many years experience working in Mental Health and Bereavement organisations, Prison and in the Community, as well as in my Private Counselling Practice.
I also have worked as a Mental Health Trainer, delivering training to organisations and businesses; as well as running Recovery Workshops for Women, on a wide range of Mental Health issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £40 per session.
I also reserve some reduced fee spaces for those on low incomes and student rates.
For further information please email, text or call me (weekdays only) - If no reply, please do leave me a message with a good time to call you back. All messages are strictly confidential.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Touch-sign for deafblind|
Appointments available Mon-Fri between 8.30am-7pm
Types of client