Emily Davis - Integrative Counsellor, MBACP Reg DipCouns
07946 095 319
Hi, I’m Emily.
Do you want to heal from feelings like anxiety, depression or anger, and to grow in self-esteem, enjoyment, and meaning in life? I can provide a caring, insightful and practical counselling relationship to help you with this.
I work with how you feel, think and experience all areas of your life, such as: work, education, leisure, family, romantic relationships, friendships, and of course your relationship with yourself.
I offer different approaches at different times according to your choice, as I believe that ultimately you know yourself best and what is working or helping you, for example: a technique for managing anxiety, a perspective on relationship patterns, or simply compassionate understanding for an experience of loss.
I integrate several types of therapy to suit the issues you may bring into the therapy room, mainly:
- the Person-Centred approach - offering you empathy, acceptance, and genuinely caring about what you’re going through in a professional way;
- Cognitive therapy (with some behavioural techniques) - exploring how your thoughts, feelings and your behaviour can affect each other;
- Psychodynamic therapy - how your past may have affected your present, even within the counselling room.
Please feel free to ask any questions about this as it is important that counselling happens according to your choice and at your pace.
Training, qualifications & experience
Integrative Counselling Diploma from BACP accredited course.
- Clinical assessment, risk assessment, and working with clients within the NHS short term
- A compassionate approach to the forms and functions of self-criticism
- Working at relational depth in counselling and psychotherapy
- Currently training in gender, sexuality and relationship diversity
I have experience as a counsellor for adults face-to-face, both longer-term and short-term in private practice, a low-cost counselling charity, and also short-term in a GP surgery in the NHS.
I am a registered member of the BACP: British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and am committed to their ethical framework.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Sessions are for 50 minutes on a weekly basis, usually at the same time each week.
Fees per session:
At Hither Green I have a sliding scale of £50 for those earning above 25k pa, and £35-45 for those earning below this/students/retired.
At High Holborn the fee is £70.
Health Insurance: Clients with private health insurance would pay the full fee. It may be possible to use your insurance to cover the full cost or part of the cost of your sessions. You are welcome to contact me directly before speaking to your insurer, however please contact your insurer to clarify their terms and conditions before booking an appointment with me. I am currently registered to provide counselling with: Vitality Health.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client