Ellie Hemingway - UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
I am an experienced, practical, and supportive UKCP registered Clinical Psychotherapist.
Anxiety, stress, depression and general life dilemmas can get any of us stuck at various times in our lives. I can support you to find a practical way forward, if you are:
- struggling to make a difficult decision
- finding it difficult to get motivated
- overwhelmed or flattened by difficult thoughts and feelings
- troubled by unwanted thoughts behaviours
I provide a safe space to speak honestly and explore difficult feelings and options, and get the support to make the changes that will bring clarity, relief and a way forward.
Common issues that I work with include stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, family issues, affairs, divorce, addiction (you or someone you live with) bereavement, grief, hopelessness, redundancy, career change, self esteem, confidence, historical abuse and trauma.
Common statements that people start with:
- "I'm very unhappy with my relationship and I don't know what to do"
- "I feel anxious and I can't cope"
- "I don't know who I am any more"
- "I don't know what I want"
- "My drinking is out of control"
- "My partner's drinking is out of control"
- "I'm unhappy with my weight"
- "I think my partner is having an affair"
- "I'm having an affair"
- "I'm haunted by the past and can't move on"
- "I'm struggling to cope, I think I'm depressed"
- "I'm struggling to deal with my divorce"
- "I hate my job, but I don't know what to do"
- "I'm worried about money"
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications and experience:
- UKCP Registered Clinical Psychotherapist
- First Class Honours Degree in Psychology
- Qualified and Accredited Neuro Linguisitc Psychotherapist (Dip NLPt)
- Accredited to use Memory Resolution© (a timeline technique)
- Couples Counselling (Juliet Grayson, BACP, COSRT: Interactive Training)
- INLPTA Certified Trainer of NLP
- INLPTA Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
- Qualified to administer MBTI© (Myers Briggs Typology Instrument)
I have insurance and regular clincial supervision
I was a serving Board Member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) between 2011 and 2015. The NLPtCA is an accrediting Organisational Member (OM) of the UKCP, (Constructivist College). As a member of NLPtCA and UKCP I abide by their strict codes of ethics and conduct.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Private and self-funding clients: £50 - £70 per hour depending on affordability
- Organisations: by arrangement based on requirements*
- Session fees are payable before or at each session
- Payments accepted by cash or online banking
- A paid invoice is provided for organisations and is available on request for individuals
- Cancellation policy: stuff happens, and you may need to cancel. If so please provide at least 48 hours notice. For cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice, the session is chargeable
*Please contact me to discuss. I can provide support on a case by case basis, and an on going workplace service.
My practice is located 1 mile from the centre of Durham and is easily accessible by both car and public transport.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays: last session 5.30pm Mon - Thurs and 5.00pm Fri.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|