Ellie Hemingway - UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
I am an experienced, practical, and supportive UKCP registered Clinical Psychotherapist.
Anxiety, stress, depression and general life dilemmas can get any of us stuck at various times in our lives. I can support you to find a practical way forward, if you are:
- struggling to make a difficult decision
- finding it difficult to get motivated
- overwhelmed or flattened by difficult thoughts and feelings
- troubled by unwanted thoughts behaviours
I provide a safe space to speak honestly and explore difficult feelings and options, and get the support to make the changes that will bring clarity, relief and a way forward.
Common issues that I work with include stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, family issues, affairs, divorce, addiction (you or someone you live with) bereavement, grief, hopelessness, redundancy, career change, self esteem, confidence, historical abuse and trauma.
Common statements that people start with:
- "I'm very unhappy with my relationship and I don't know what to do"
- "I feel anxious and I can't cope"
- "I don't know who I am any more"
- "I don't know what I want"
- "My drinking is out of control"
- "My partner's drinking is out of control"
- "I'm unhappy with my weight"
- "I think my partner is having an affair"
- "I'm having an affair"
- "I'm haunted by the past and can't move on"
- "I'm struggling to cope, I think I'm depressed"
- "I'm struggling to deal with my divorce"
- "I hate my job, but I don't know what to do"
- "I'm worried about money"
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications and experience:
- UKCP Registered Clinical Psychotherapist
- First Class Honours Degree in Psychology
- Qualified and Accredited Neuro Linguisitc Psychotherapist (Dip NLPt)
- Accredited to use Memory Resolution© (a timeline technique)
- Couples Counselling (Juliet Grayson, BACP, COSRT: Interactive Training)
- INLPTA Certified Trainer of NLP
- INLPTA Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
- Qualified to administer MBTI© (Myers Briggs Typology Instrument)
I have insurance and regular clincial supervision
I was a serving Board Member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) between 2011 and 2015. The NLPtCA is an accrediting Organisational Member (OM) of the UKCP, (Constructivist College). As a member of NLPtCA and UKCP I abide by their strict codes of ethics and conduct.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Private and self-funding clients: £50 - £70 per hour depending on affordability
- Organisations: by arrangement based on requirements*
- Session fees are payable before or at each session
- Payments accepted by cash or online banking
- A paid invoice is provided for organisations and is available on request for individuals
- Cancellation policy: stuff happens, and you may need to cancel. If so please provide at least 48 hours notice. For cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice, the session is chargeable
*Please contact me to discuss. I can provide support on a case by case basis, and an on going workplace service.
My practice is located 1 mile from the centre of Durham and is easily accessible by both car and public transport.