Dr Ellen Finch-Sieg
The Town Hall
St. Georges Street
Hello I am a Dr in Clinical Psychology and an accredited EMDR practitioner. I offer talking therapies and specialise in trauma work using EMDR (eye movement desentisation and reprocessing) and other therapeutic approaches.
I can help with a great variety of mental health challenges and work with an integrative framework that draws on CBT and other third wave CBT approaches, such as mindfulness based CBT and ACT.
I work for the NHS on 4 days a week and have over 10 years of experiences of working with adults who are depressed, anxious, angry and traumatised. I see mental health as being on a continuum of ill and 'well' health and would like to help people (re)establish a greater sense of well-being with themselves and others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Psychology (Bangor University, North-Wales)
- PhD in Psychology (University of East Anglia, Norwich)
- Certificate in Counselling (Leeds University)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Leeds University)
- Accreditation as an EMDR practitioner
I am a Clinical Psychologist registered with and regulated by the HCPC (Health Care Professional Council).
I am also a member of the EMDR UK and Ireland Association (membership number F0182).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am especially qualified to work with trauma (including PTSD and abuse histories) and offer EMDR (eye movement desentisation and reprocessing) as the evidence based way of treating mental health problems following trauma experiences.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Privately funded clients;
- 60 minutes (standard) session is charged at £70
- 90 minutes (EMDR process session) is charged at £90
The initial ‘taster session’ of 30/40 minutes is charged at £40: I encourage clients to check first whether they feel they can work with me, as I realise the importance of the therapeutic relationship to ‘making therapies work’.
If your employer or insurance pays;
- 60 minutes (standard) session is charged at £100
- 90 minutes (EMDR process session) is charged at £120
- Reports are charged at £200
I currently offer appointments on Mondays (day and evening time) and usually see clients on a fourtnightly basis.
I use a clinic room in the newly refurbished town hall in Hebden Bridge. This is a central location with easy access to parking and the train station. The clinic room is wheelchair accessible with a ramp and lift.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client