Elke Grolig, MSc Relationship Counselling & Sex Therapy, MBACP, MCOSRT, MBSCPC
Specialist Relationship Counsellor and Psychosexual Therapist (MSc) working with a wide range of issues helping couples & individuals to emotionally reconnect with their partner and become sexually confident again.
Short- and long term work offered.
Is this what you are experiencing at the moment?
- Feeling unhappy and lonely in your relationship
- Struggling to rebuild trust after an affair
- No longer feeling desired and loved
- Sex problems
- Constantly arguing
- Thinking about separation
If this sounds familiar - take the first step and help your relationship.
Relationship Counselling & Sex Therapy can help you to better understand your feelings, make sense of them and use them to resolve your issues.
Many couples experience distress and unhappiness at some point in their relationship: Some couples may separate, others stay together and try to work out and repair what has gone wrong in their relationship.
I can help you to regain hope and trust that, whatever may have happened, you will be able to
do better in the future.
As your Couples Counsellor I do not take sides and you will not be judged or blamed. Successful counselling needs a trustful working relationship and confidentiality is one of the core requirements. Anything discussed with you in an individual session will not be disclosed to your partner. When coming to Couples Counselling and Sex Therapy, I want to help you move on as a couple and I will make sure both you and your partner are being heard and listened to.
I provide a calm and confidential space where you can safely explore and share your feelings. As the counselling process is moving on, you will experience release of stress and anxiety. Feelings of shame, distrust and anger will diminish. Understanding and communication in your relationship will improve. With trust and emotional connection between you and your partner re-established, you will feel safe to approach each other again and enjoy sexual intimacy.
Couples often wait until very late in the game to seek intervention and by then, one or both may have decided to call it quits. (Benson et. al., Common principles of couple therapy)
Reasons why couples might think they do not need Counselling:
- Being afraid the therapist (or partner) might blame them for their problems
- The couple believing only one of them needs help
- Being worried counselling is a painful experience
- Thinking there are no issues in the relationship and couples therapy therefore isn’t necessary
Should we agree to work together you can rest assured to find in me an empathic, non-judgemental and impartial therapist who will value and respect your privacy at all times.
Don't wait for too long. Get yourselves support!
Trained at the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR) in London, a world leading centre for research and training in working with the couple relationship, I run my own private practice and I work as a Visiting Clinician for TCCR.
What I can offer you:
- Relationship/Couple Counselling & Sex/Psychosexual Therapy for both couples and individuals.
- Clients are seen on a weekly basis (via zoom).
- Short-and long term work.
- Sessions offered in English & German.
Principles of effective Relationship Therapy:
- Changes the views of the relationship
- Modifies dysfunctional behaviour
- Decreases emotional avoidance
- Improves communication
- Promotes strengths
My expertise lies in helping couples and individuals with:
- Repeated arguments
- Lack of Connection/communication difficulties
- Commitment issues
- Lack of self-confidence
- Looking for Mr & Mrs Right
- Affairs / Break Of Trust
- Premarital Counselling
- Separation & Divorce
- Long Distance Relationships
- Lack of Sexual Desire
- Painful intercourse
- Erection Problems
- Premature/Delayed Ejaculation
- Not being able to talk about sex
- Wanting to Start a family
- Shyness, shame
- Depression and anxiety
- Being more flatmates than lovers (I love you, but I'm not in love with you)
- Sex in later life or after illness
- Sexual anxiety
Please call me for any questions you might have and to arrange an initial appointment:
You can also send me an email and I will get back to you within 24 hours:
For more details visit my website: www.couplecounsellingandpsychotherapy.com
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications:
- MSc in Relationship & Psychosexual Therapy (Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships, TCCR)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy for Couples and Individuals (Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships, TCCR)
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- British Society of Couple Psychotherapists and Counsellors (BSCPC)
- As a member of the above organisations I am bound by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I have many years of experience in the psychosocial and psychotherapeutic sector.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSRT is the UK’s leading membership organisation for therapists specialising in sexual and relationship issues.
All members must abide by their Code of Ethics and the performance of accredited members is regularly monitored.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
A couple session is 60 minutes. An individual appointment is 50 minutes.
Fees are discussed before the initial session. Please contact me for details.
Monday - Saturday 8am - 8pm.
Couples & Individual Counselling and Psychosexual Therapy. Online.