Elizabeth Smith B.Sc.(Hons.) Adv. Dip Humanistic Counselling MBACP (Accred).
I am an experienced Registered and BACP Accredited counsellor and work with people of all ages. If you are experiencing distress or challenges, counselling can provide a supportive, safe space to explore your thoughts and feelings, and can increase your self awareness and your ability to cope. For example, you may be experiencing depression, the effects of low self esteem or anxiety, or perhaps you are struggling with a life event such as bereavement, relationship breakdown or long term illness. Exploring issues together enables you to gain insight, make changes if needed, or increase a sense of calm.
I am an Integrative Counsellor, trained in Humanistic counselling and incorporating CBT where appropriate. I work with adults of all ages, and young people and I also see couples experiencing relationship difficulties. I aim to provide a warm, caring, non-judgemental setting to explore the challenges that face you and find a way forward. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to know more or discuss your concerns with me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- BSc Hons. Biological Sciences
- I have worked in hospice and hospital settings for 5 years, and I am experienced in working with bereavement, the effects of illness and long-term conditions.
- I have also worked successfully with relationship and family issues, sexual issues, anxiety, domestic violence, abuse and depression.
- I am experienced in working with children, young people and adults of all ages.
- I have completed training in counselling couples.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long term and life limiting conditions.
Relationship and family issues.
Daytime appointments: individuals £50 per hour, couples £60.
Evening appointments: individuals £55 per hour, couples £65
Concessions are available for students and those on benefits or low income.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss my fees further.
I work from home in a quiet area close to The Pantiles, 5 mins walk from Tunbridge Wells train station and within easy reach of car parks and bus routes.
Home visits can be arranged where there there is a difficulty in accessing transport or where there are mobility restrictions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays 8.00-8.00pm. Saturdays 9.00-12.00
Types of client