Elizabeth Cooper FdSc MBACP
Hello and welcome to my counselling directory page.
I am trained as an Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist. My aim is to offer you a warm, confidential space to explore the current issues you are facing.
I work with young people & adults, individuals & Couples.
I specialise within :
- Work-related stress
- Pregnancy/parenting issues
- Family & Relationship
- Domestic abuse
- Negative Thoughts impacting life
- Childhood trauma
I also work with couples experiencing relationship difficulties. It is sometimes beneficial, depending on the issues impacting on your relationship, to have individual Counselling prior to or during couple therapy.
Together we will work through current issues you are experiencing and I will support you in a highly professional way.
The benefits of Counselling and Psychotherapy are:
- An alternative perspective
- Dedicated time to process and express feelings and thoughts, including anger
- Self-understanding & compassion
- Building self-esteem & self-acceptance
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to change negative behaviours/habits
- Relief from depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions, i.e OCD, PTSD, BPD, BDD
- Increased, assertiveness, confidence and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage stress effectively
- Improve problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
For a consultation contact me on 07456 016686 to book, or email enquiries via the link above.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Degree in Counselling Science
- Relationship and Family Counselling
- Childrens Counselling
- Level 7 Higher Education in Healthcare (Adult Nursing)
- Freedom programme training (Domestic Violence)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children
- Learning through Play
- Specialist Bereavement Counselling
- Trauma & resilience (CPD)
I have many additional qualifications and skills, gained through various employment. I have worked with all ages from birth to end of life. I have also worked within a School settings, General hospitals, Mental health services and within community services, supporting a spectrum of different health needs.
I follow ethical principles and guidance of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). Additionally I use a holistic approach, as I believe all parts of life interlink. I promote a healthy balanced lifestyle in addition to a healthy mind.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have extensive experience of working with Adolescents and adults. Areas of Speciality are bereavement, relationship issues and domestic abuse.
Individual sessions are £50 per 50 minute appointment
Couples sessions are £65 per 1 hour appointment
(Evening rates are charged at a higher premium)
If you feel you would like additional time for your session, this is negotiable with advance notice.
Home appointments available on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday- Friday 9am - 5pm. & Limited evening and weekend appointments on request.
Types of client