Elizabeth Cooper FdSc MBACP
Hello and welcome
I am a Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist, with a degree in counselling science. I will offer you a warm, confidential space to explore any issues you are currently facing and together we will figure out a way forward so life can feel manageable again.
I work with young people & adults, individuals & Couples. I offer short term and long term counselling depending on your needs.
I have extensive experience working with :
- Bereavement - including sudden & traumatic death, & loss of a child at any age.
- Childhood trauma
- Domestic abuse
- Generalised anxiety
- Negative Thoughts
- Pregnancy/parenting issues
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Trauma (PTS)
- Work-related stress
Additionally, I work with couples experiencing relationship difficulties. If there are individual issues impacting on your relationship, it can be useful to have individual Counselling prior to starting couple therapy.
Together we will work through the current issues you are experiencing.
The benefits of Counselling and Psychotherapy are:
- An alternative perspective
- Dedicated time to process and express feelings and thoughts, including anger
- Self-understanding & compassion
- Building self-esteem & self-acceptance
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to change negative behaviours/habits
- Relief from depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions, i.e OCD, PTSD, BPD, BDD
- Increased, assertiveness, confidence and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage stress effectively
- Improve problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
For a consultation contact me on 07456 016686 to book, or email enquiries via the link above.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Degree in Counselling Science
- Relationship and Family Counselling
- Children's Counselling
- Level 7 Higher Education in Healthcare (Adult Nursing)
- Freedom programme training (Domestic Violence)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children
- Learning through Play
- Specialist Bereavement Counselling
- Trauma & Resilience (CPD)
- Unexpected loss of a child (at any age)
- Sudden & Traumatic death
- The rewind technique
I have many additional qualifications and skills, gained through various employment. I have worked with all ages from birth to end of life. I have also worked within School settings, General hospitals, Mental health services and within community services, supporting a spectrum of different health needs.
I follow ethical principles and guidance of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). Additionally, I use a holistic approach, as I believe all parts of life interlink. I promote a healthy balanced lifestyle in addition to a healthy mind.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Individual sessions are £50 per 50-minute appointment
Couples sessions are £65 per 1-hour appointment
Under 18's £40 per 50-minute session
(Evening rates are charged at a higher premium)
If you would like additional time for your session, this is negotiable with advance notice.
I facilitate appointments mainly in Tadworth. However, there is also an option to meet in Sutton. Home appointments available on request.
For some people coming to counselling is a clear decision of what they need and want. However, if for some it can feel a little more uncertain. if you are unsure whether counselling is for you, often meeting for your initial assessment can help you decide. I will not pressure to commit to counselling, it is fundamental to therapeutic work you feel ready...
..And of course, you are welcome to come back to me at any time in the future.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I do not have wheelchair access, however, I do offer home visits for your convenience.
Monday- Friday 9am - 5pm. & Limited evening and weekend appointments on request.
*Limited home appointments available upon request
Types of client