07934 468 470
I am an experienced Counsellor, qualified since 2004. I am BACP Registered and Accredited. I have a post graduate diploma in psychodynamic counselling. However, as a result of my experience with a wide range of clients and numerous professional development courses, I have evolved my practice and now work in a more integrative way, adapting to the needs of the client.
I have worked in many organisations and have ten years’ experience of workplace counselling; dealing with issues such as stress, bullying, job loss etc. I also have a background in healthcare and have a particular interest in the challenges faced by military personnel and their families.
I would call myself a generalist counsellor as I have experience of working with a diverse range of clients who bring a wide variety of concerns to counselling. (for more information please see profile at bottom of page). Aside from helping to deal with concerns that hamper our ability to manage or live our lives fully, I firmly believe that counselling is helpful to anyone who wishes to develop as a person.
I can offer short or longer-term therapy in a confidential setting in the DY1 and DY4 areas. I charge £45 per 50 minute session and offer a reduced fee of £30 for an initial session. This is in order to ensure that you feel comfortable with me and to ensure that I am the best person to meet your needs.
If you are interested in proceeding or would like further information please contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate diploma in counselling (psychodynamic) University of Birmingham 2004
- 2006 Brief Psychotherapy Guild Introduction to brief psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- 2009 Psychosynthesis Education Trust. Introduction to Psychosynthesis Coaching (6days)
- 2010 Metanoia University CBT ( 7 day foundation training)
- 2012 The At Work Partnership Certificate in Managing an Occupational Health Service
- 2012 - 2013 Institute of Group Analysis Foundation Course in Group Analysis
- 2013 EMDR Works EMDR stages 1,2,3
- Regular Continuous Professional Development learning 30 hours per annum(minimum)
I have worked as a workplace counsellor and manager for 10 years.
2 years within a group practice environment (unpaid)
Depression, low self-esteem, Relationship breakdown, bereavement, workplace trauma, stress, building resilience, bereavement, redundancy, bullying and harassment, some addictions, general life adjustment difficulties, family difficulties, anxiety.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
£30 per introductory session
£45 per ongoing 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|