Elisha Nunhofer - Psychotherapist & Counsellor
I am a psychotherapist and counsellor and specialise in providing support for those facing challenges before, during and after pregnancy.
I have counselling experience in, and have worked with the following:
Pregnancy and birth anxiety, becoming a mother/parent, postnatal depression, pregnancy loss, birth trauma, loss of identity, pregnancy after loss, perinatal mental health, surrogacy, (in)fertility.
I am an NCS registered person-centred psychotherapist working in private practice in Forest Row, East Sussex. I have worked for a charity which offers support to those suffering the loss of a pregnancy through miscarriage, termination, stillbirth or neonatal death.
I also have extensive experience of providing counselling and psychotherapy for unpaid Carers of friends and family.
Making contact and taking that first step towards therapy can feel daunting and even overwhelming, especially when you are feeling vulnerable. The easiest way to get in touch is via the 'email me' or 'email this counsellor' buttons on this site, as this comes straight to me. Or, if you prefer, you can call or text and leave a message on my mobile. I am here when you are ready to make contact.
My private practice is in Forest Row, East Sussex. There is ample off road parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am currently undertaking my post-graduate research (MSc) at the prestigious Metanoia Institute in Ealing, London.
- MSc in Contemporary Person-Centred Psychotherapy and Applications – Metanoia Institute (2013-2019): Sheila Haugh
- UKCP Registered Person-Centred Diploma in Psychotherapy – Metanoia Institute (2013-2019)
- BSc Midwifery (first year) – King’s College London (2010/11)
- 4th Annual Birth Trauma Conference (2019)
- Importance of addressing Mental Health during pregnancy – House of Commons, Westminster, London (2018)
- Time2Heal Study Day "Improving Care when IVF Pregnancy" - Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (2018)
- Importance of addressing Mental Health during pregnancy – House of Commons, Westminster, London (2017)
- A risky business? Exploring risk perception and care provision during pregnancy and birth – The Royal Society of Medicine (2017)
- Developing Empathic Following Responses for Trauma Focused Work – Dr David Murphy Ph.D. (2016)
- Social & Political Challenges of Being a Person-Centred Therapist – Professor Peter F. Schmid (2015)
- Positive Action for Mental Health – PCCS Conference (2015)
- The Neurobiology of Early Experiences and Affective Regulation – Affective Neuroscience & Attachment Theory: Considerations For Psychotherapy Practice (2014)
- Forty Years After Meeting Carl Rogers: The Possibilities and Troubles of the Person-Centred Approach – Charles O’Leary (2014)
- Parental Conflict & Attachment Theory – Dr Christopher Clulow Ph.D. (2013)
- Enid Balint Lecture: Psychic ‘Geodes’ – The Presence of Absence – Joan Raphael-Leff (2013)
- Post Natal Depression & Insecure Attachment – Professor Lynne Murray (2012)
- BA in Music – University of Chichester (2003)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Research consistently shows that the client/therapist relationship is central for therapy to make a difference. With this in mind, I offer a reduced fee of £25 for an initial session so you can see who I am and get a feeling for how I work.
£45 for 50 minutes
My practice is safe and ethical, and I abide by the NCS Code of Ethical Practice. My masters is UKCP accredited, and I am listed on their site as a trainee member and abide by their Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct. I am fully insured.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Thursday evenings.
Types of client