MSc, BA(Hons), registered member of the BACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- Therapy sessions available to those struggling with issues such as low mood, anxiety, panic, self-harm, low self-esteem, loss, relationship issues etc.
- 20 minute chat prior to initial session (free of charge).
- Both short-term and long-term therapy offered.
- Person-Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) based approaches utilised throughout.
- Ages 15+.
- Sessions able to take place at main office, via the telephone, text, or Zoom.
- Fluent in Greek also (for any potential greek speakers seeking therapy).
- I am currently working towards a certificate in ‘Couples Therapy Work’ (April 2022 - December 2022). One of the course requirements is that I begin working with a couple in the near future, as to utilise our therapeutic journey as a case study for my final assessment. If you have been considering starting couples therapy & meet the following requirements:
* Both you & your partner/family member feel equally open & ready to begin working on your relationship.
* Neither of you have worked with me historically in individual therapy.
* You are both able to commit to x8 sessions (at a reduced fee).
* You are both comfortable for me to use elements of our sessions within my final assessment (sensitive information such as names, addresses etc. would of course not be utilised).
then feel free to send me a message to discuss further.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters (MSc Merit) in Developmental Psychology (2013).
- Bachelors (BA Hons) in Psychology & Counselling (2012).
- Registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy). Currently working towards full accreditation.
- Member of the BPS (British Psychological Society).
- Currently working towards a certificate in ‘Couples Work’ via Physis Scotland.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £40.00 to £50.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
£40 (concession rate)
£45 (for those in part-time employment).
£50 (for those in full-time employment).
* The above prices apply for individual therapy. For couples therapy sessions prices vary due to me remaining in training at this time, so please get in touch for further information.
When I work
Monday - Sunday, 08:30 - 20:30
I began my career via working alongside children & adolescents in a residential home as a ‘THERAPEUTIC PARENT’, followed by a year in a primary school as a ‘LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT’, assisting them overcome emotional & behavioural challenges.
I later found myself a role as an ‘NHS THERAPIST & CASE MANAGER’ for the 16-19 CAMHS TEAM. I remain extremely grateful for this opportunity, as it was this role that made me realise that mental health is indeed the career path I wish to follow.
I later began employment as a ‘TELEPHONE COUNSELLOR’, supporting adults of all ages seek & remain in employment.
Alongside this, I also worked as a part-time ‘CRISIS WORKER’ for the Staffordshire ‘SARC’ (Sexual Assault Referral Centre), supporting victims of attacks of a sexual nature.
Via the above, I had been working towards gaining the experience & confidence to create my very own counselling practice. I was fortunate enough to make this a reality in February 2019, & have been fully self-employed as of January 2020 (truly a dream come true!)
I am a British-Greek bilingual, having spent the majority of my life in sunny Corfu!
I currently reside in Leighton, with my partner & two dogs (who I love dearly!).
Being a mental health professional & receiving a Crohn’s disease diagnosis in 2016, have made me very passionate about invisible illness awareness (‘not every disability is visible!’).
VIEWS ON THERAPY:
I have been part of hundreds of sessions over the years, as a counsellor & a client. There is no doubt in my mind that talking therapy WORKS!
There is something truly magical about taking the time to truly focus on you, trusting that there is someone there, just for you, to support in guiding you to a healthier place.
For this reason I take pride in being professional, respectful, but most importantly, genuine towards each and every client.