I have been involved in therapeutic work with adults and children for over 10 years.
Before counselling I was a foster carer looking after children from newborns up to 16 years and also worked supporting parents with challenging behaviour presented by their children.
I have delivered training and presentations to help other foster carers understand the needs of children who have experienced trauma and those with attachment disorders. I also have a good understanding of caring for children on the ASD and with sensory integration issues.
I have my own adult children and two teenagers formerly foster children.
I offer counselling using a range of differing techniques particularly person centred and psychodynamic approaches. I offer a client focused method tailored to suit the individual and their needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrated Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Integrated Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Cruse Bereavement Training
- Mindfulness for Anxiety & Depression
- Personality & Personality Disorders
- EFT Level 2 Attendance
- Certificate in Therapeutic Fostering
- Life Story Work for children
I have experience working with clients presenting with depression, anxiety, PTSD, complicated grief, those who have experienced childhood neglect & abuse or relationship abuse - especially where narcissistic traits of the partner have contributed to the relationship problems.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
Initial consultation - no charge
£30/hour under 18 years
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|