Elaine Zaple Gulliver
Integrative Psychotherapist:Art Therapist:EMDR Therapist
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
For over 45 years I have worked in the United Kingdom, South East Asia and the Middle East as a nurse, counsellor and art psychotherapist. My passion for working with people is as strong now as it was when I began working in the voluntary sector in my early teens.
In recent years my experience has been in a variety of settings, including with a charity supporting young families working with the parents and a homeless charity in London. In 2016 I founded an Art Therapy project for an NGO working with street children and marginalised adolescents in Kenya, and in 2017 I set up an Art Therapy provision in partnership with a charity in the immediate aftermath of the Grenfell Tower fire in London. I have also worked for the Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education where I gained my MA in Integrative Arts Psychotherapy and continue with my own art practice. I currently work for the NHS Grenfell Health and Wellbeing Service and in private practice.
As an Integrative Psychotherapist I am trained in Talking therapies, Art Psychotherapy and EMDR. I draw on psychodynamic and humanistic theories alongside neuroscience, attachment, mentalization and mindfulness. This integrative approach enables me to be flexible and tailor the therapy to the individual needs of each client.
To engage in Art Therapy, you do not need to have experience in the arts, the creative process is used as a way of exploring your thoughts, feelings and relationships to improve your wellbeing. Often it is hard to find the words to express how or what we are feeling and art therapy offers a safe and supportive space to bring insight, awareness and understanding to your difficulties.
During an initial consultation, we will explore together your current issues, and establish the focus of the therapy identifying your desired aims and goals. This session provides the opportunity for you to decide if my approach works for you. Individual therapy sessions last 50 minutes. EMDR sessions last 60/90 minutes.
I am an HCPC Registered Art Therapist/Art Psychotherapist both of which are protected titles, a UKCP Registered Integrative Psychotherapist. and an EMDR Therapist.
I abide by the standards of HCPC, UKCP, BAAT and IATE.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have extensive experience of working with people from all age groups, cultures and spiritualities, all of whom who have been affected by diverse lifetime experiences and diagnoses and may have faced challenging transitions in their lives.
Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) Registration Number. AS15417
UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registration Number: 2011170088
British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) Full Membership No. 32221
Professional member of The Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education (IATE)
Training and Qualifications:
* TRT (Teaching Recovery Techniques)
* ARC Training - Trauma informed practice
* Supervision for Art Psychotherapists
* MA Integrative Arts Psychotherapy (with Merit): London Metropolitan University/Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
* Mindfulness Training: Integrating Mindfulness Practice with Psychological Therapy, Coaching and other Relational Work: The Metanoia Institute
* Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Arts Psychotherapy: The Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
* Mentalisation Based Approaches to Arts Psychotherapies: ICAPT, London
* CATT Level’s 1,11, 111 (Children’s Accelerated Trauma Treatment): Sussex and CATT Trauma Therapy Clinic
* Advanced Diploma in the Therapeutic and Educational Application of the Arts in Therapy: The Institute for Arts In Therapy and Education
* Counselling Skills: The Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
* Anatomy for Artists: University College London, Division of Biosciences
* Diploma in Figurative Sculpture: Heatherley School of Fine Art
* Diploma in Portraiture: Heatherley School of Fine Art
* Fine Art Foundation: Heatherley School of Fine Art
* BSc Hons Psychology: Open University
* Counselling: Skilled Helping Relationships: St Johns Cathedral Counselling Service, Hong Kong
* Fine Art, Painting, Aobadai, Tokyo
* Interior Design: Hong Kong University
* Fine Art, Painting: Hong Kong University
* SRN (State Registered Nurse) with Obstetrics: Royal Free Hospital, London
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £70.00 to £120.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
When I work
Additional times may be available.